5A playoff picture

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say if West finishes 9-1 they will get the 1st seed in quad 1 and bc its an odd year would host the games up until the state championship. Lot to play for!

It's not impossible because I don't see any of the other 5A teams in quad 1 winning their district.  South Doyle might finish 2nd in their district so I wouldn't be surprised to see Knox West with the 1st or 2nd seed after Week 10.

It will be interesting to see how Ridgeway finishes the rest of the year.  They're unquestionably a top 5 team in 5a, but due to wins currently sit on the outside looking in.  While I expect them to win out the rest of the year, they do play 3 pretty good teams.  With one more loss, they would probably be looking at a wild card at best, and Ridgeway as a  6-8 seed would be ridiculous.

The matchups I listed don't take 1 and 2 place finishes into account.  If I ever list them again I'll do that.

With district finish taken into account:

8.  Knox Central  @ 1. Daniel Boone

5. Tennessee High @ 4. Knox West.

6. David Crockett @  3. Campbell Co.

7. Sullivan Central @ 2. South Doyle

#8 will change soon, Boone has 4 losses in a row coming up (DB, Greeneville, Tenn High, Science Hill).

It will be interesting to see how Ridgeway finishes the rest of the year.  They're unquestionably a top 5 team in 5a, but due to wins currently sit on the outside looking in.  While I expect them to win out the rest of the year, they do play 3 pretty good teams.  With one more loss, they would probably be looking at a wild card at best, and Ridgeway as a  6-8 seed would be ridiculous.

Ridgeway can beat anyone any time.  However, they can lose as easily.  They are very dependent on their pass game, and when it doesn't work, its ugly.

How much have the quads changed after this past weekend?

There was some change in quad 2. I think from looking at the results Soddy and Clinton are out this week and with Oak Ridge losing that moved some match ups around. Clinton might still be in but they can't afford a loss. Ooltewah looks like the number one seed with Anderson at 2 Rhea at 3 and with East Hamilton 4th with them winning and oak ridge losing. I'm thinking Stone memorial and White Co. might get moved to Quad 2. However there is a lot of teams who could be in or out in quad 1 so teams like Anderson and Oak ridge might get moved to quad 1 before it's all said and done. For right now here is what I'm thinking quad 2 looks like

1 Ooltewah vs 8 Cleveland

2 Anderson vs 7 Stone

3 Rhea vs 6 Oak Ridge

4 East Hamilton vs 5 White Co.

I know it will change more but I look for Cleveland will move up a spot or 2. Also if White continues to play well and finish 2nd in the district White and East Hamilton would flip.

Edited by ChattanoogaFBFan

The pairings take the district finish into effect.  Which explains why Memphis East (5-2) is seeded 5th in quad 4.

Quad 1.

8. Clinton @ 1. Anderson County

5. David Crockett @ 4. South Doyle

6. Daniel Boone  @ 3. Knox West

7. TN High  @ 2. Campbell County

Quad 2. 

8. Lenior City @ 1. Ooltewah

5. Stone Memorial  @ 4. East Hamilton

6. Cleveland   @ 3. White Co.

7. Oak Ridge  @ 2. Rhea Co.

Quad 3

8.Shelbyville   @ 1. Beech