DB vs Tennessee High

I agree... well with most of it. Db fans are probably the only ones that feel they truly get the short end of the stick when it comes to the refs. Batman I have followed your posts for years now and truly respect your opinion. With that being said... from your point of view, did his knee hit the ground at any time before or during the pass? Real talk...

To be honest,I couldn't see if he was down.However,I was shocked when the play wasn't over because I thought  TH had stopped the play.Either way,I have to say that was one heck of an effort for Holt not to quit and keep fighting and that's why you preach { go to the whistle }

You don't know a thing about Cap1 rookie. I'm not sure why I'm taking the time to answer a post of a supporter of a group that is holding our country hostage like a bunch of terrorist.

I don't like to talk politics on a sports thread, but here it goes.  You can label me whatever.  But I'm not happy when next year my ins. premiums are doubled, my deductible is doubled and also my co-pays are gone.  I will pay full price of doctor visits, prescriptions, until I reach my deductible.  YEAH YOU BET I'M NOT HAPPY!!!!!  SO I GUESS I AM A TERRORIST.

We could play the IF card all night long. Like IF the refs weren't such bums DB would have never been in scoring position. The statement about THS running the score up is simply not true. We unlike DB have nothing to prove. They never open up the season with THS ranked #1 in the state. I'm an alumni and have had two sons go through the system and have a cheerleader here now, and I can honestly say that through these 12+ years being affiliated with this program I have seen nothing but class when it comes to a weaker opponent. Can't honestly say that it would be the same in certain cases if I were calling the shots.  :huh:

Post #92 looks like your playing the IF card. Class, what a joke. Man I don't know of any school in this area that likes THS. Don't believe me, go ask the kids and parents. You need to go look in the mirror and repeat 50 times I'm not as good as I think I is. And by the way, no your not calling the shots Thank God!

I don't like to talk politics on a sports thread, but here it goes.  You can label me whatever.  But I'm not happy when next year my ins. premiums are doubled, my deductible is doubled and also my co-pays are gone.  I will pay full price of doctor visits, prescriptions, until I reach my deductible.  YEAH YOU BET I'M NOT HAPPY!!!!!  SO I GUESS I AM A TERRORIST.

It's ok,were just beating a dead horse now .I'll go ahead and give my two cents as well.I've always voted GOP and been set in my ways ""BUT "" I've got so discusted with both sides in the last few years that I feel this way.{ Number 1.}.Take both sides and make them work together on balancing the federal budget and doing the work of the people and not those that got them voted into office .IF they can't sit down without screwing over the whole country with their own special agenda's,Just say OK, take your azzes home and let's get someone that wants to work for the people.Number 2 { OH yeah } A couple of  term limits and you won't get that 150,000 with benifits for the rest of your life,welcome to SS and  1500 a month { you crooks } when you work at your real jobs for fifty years

Edited by BatmanDB

Don't water it down 04! You can't worry about what these clowns think... speak your mind! We were at the same game... you know what you witnessed. Just look at it this way. When you get your pay check stub are any of these clowns signatures on it??? And when you wake up in the morning and look over, are you looking at any of these clowns (I had to water that one down a little :blush: )?? Let em SWING as I do! Say what you mean, and mean what you say! Easy on the sugar.  

I'll give you a list and then this will be my last post on this thread because the horse is dead and needs to be buried.  The Vikings are playing Boone this week.

1.  2 plays Holt appeared to be down only to get up after the plays and throw completions.  I thought he was down, but from my vantage point I'm not going to guarantee he was.

2. #50 shoved a Viking player long after one play ended and then proceeded to bump a referee who did nothing.

3.  Obvious block in the back are the last drive, either wasn't seen or called...not sure which.

4.  One play lasted a lot longer than 1 second, but the clock operator eventually fixed it...turns out they didn't need those extra seconds anyway because they scored 8 seconds later.

5. I got there late and had to park at Eastman...but everything worked out because I found a seat near midfield. :mrgreen:

Regardless of all that, the score today is the same as it was on Friday.  So I'm going to worry about Boone this week. You should too because you have 51 other weeks a year to get into with Waco. :popcorneater:

It's ok,were just beating a dead horse now .I'll go ahead and give my two cents as well.I've always voted GOP and been set in my ways ""BUT "" I've got so discusted with both sides in the last few years that I feel this way.{ Number 1.}.Take both sides and make them work together on balancing the federal budget and doing the work of the people and not those that got them voted into office .IF they can't sit down without screwing over the whole country with their own special agenda's,Just say OK, take your azzes home and let's get someone that wants to work for the people.Number 2 { OH yeah } A couple of  term limits and you won't get that 150,000 with benifits for the rest of your life,welcome to SS and  1500 a month { you crooks } when you work at your real jobs for fifty years

Batman you are 100% correct. I support the Tea Party and I proud of it. There's going to be a correction made in the next 5 years. Buckle up.

I'll give you a list and then this will be my last post on this thread because the horse is dead and needs to be buried.  The Vikings are playing Boone this week.

1.  2 plays Holt appeared to be down only to get up after the plays and throw completions.  I thought he was down, but from my vantage point I'm not going to guarantee he was.

2. #50 shoved a Viking player long after one play ended and then proceeded to bump a referee who did nothing.

3.  Obvious block in the back are the last drive, either wasn't seen or called...not sure which.

4.  One play lasted a lot longer than 1 second, but the clock operator eventually fixed it...turns out they didn't need those extra seconds anyway because they scored 8 seconds later.

5. I got there late and had to park at Eastman...but everything worked out because I found a seat near midfield. :mrgreen:

Regardless of all that, the score today is the same as it was on Friday.  So I'm going to worry about Boone this week. You should too because you have 51 other weeks a year to get into with Waco. :popcorneater:

:roflolk:  B)

Guys,

I was able to attend this one.  I have a few thoughts, observations, and questions. 

1. I do think the qb was down on that one pass and it was simply missed.

2. The clock guy needed to wake up and stop watching the game and watch the refs for stoppage.  But, I do not feel this was for or against either team.  He was jsut sloppy.

3. I didnt see a shove from #50 but there is a lot that goes on in these games that could be called and not everything requires a flag.  The best gaggle of referees, as one poster aluded to at Ootelwah, prevent a lot of penalties and head off the stuff that doesnt affect the real game, without throwing 20 flags a game.

4. DB fans, someone said the best you can hope for at home games is an even called game.  Do you really think this is the case?  Why just at home?  You do realize that there are several DB alum, not that it matters, that call football games and you had a couple on Friday night, right?  There are many Bristol guys from what I hear that ref too, but I really don't think it matters.

5. TN High fans, what makes you think grown men would intentionally penalize a group of kids, just because they are from one city or the other.  I am sure there have been refs that are low down like this, but I'd wager to say the vast majority want a fair game for all the kids who work hard all week preparing for the game.  I just don't belief they play favorites.  With that said, see point 6.

6.  I do think there is a wide, wide gap between some of the referees crews I have seen.  I typically try to go to the best matchup on paper every Friday.  So I wonder if the better crews are sent to the games that are expected to be better or have more implications.  I can't say that I have witnessed that. Some refs just look lazy and sloppy and do miss a lot.  They are all human an will miss something every game, but refs who mess up the rules, mess up the clock (its just one button dude), mess up the number of downs, and seem to like to see their flag in the air, need to hang up the stripes.  Then there are a few crews over the past few years I have been here that look tight, and like said, they go mostly unnoticed.

7.  The game between TN High and Boone this Friday has playoff implications, so will the refs here be anti-Vikings (anti-Cap)?  Will there be a sharp or sloppy bunch assigned by the T$$AA?  I am curious how this one goes with the zebras.  I may attend this one. 

8.  The DB game at Central likely will have a running clock in the 2nd half.  I won't go here, but have a relative that sees all Central games.  Since "everybody in NET hates DB", will the refs be anti-DB there and call agains the Indians at Central?  Please let us know after the game if the bias against DB is just a "home" thing as stated or if the bias is also at away games.  Ha!

9.  I am telling you, from living all over the state, as you travel west on Friday nights, the worse the zebras get.  We do have the best in the state, what ever that is.

10. Final Point:  I and we don't know the minds and thoughts of the refs but I have to hope that these guys only care about the game being fair.  If we can't beleive that, it kind of tarnishes it a bit. And to me, there is nothing greater than high school football, so I refuse to allow anything to tarnish it as a whole in my mind.

Edited by Pudding