DB vs Tennessee High

To be honest,I couldn't see if he was down.However,I was shocked when the play wasn't over because I thought  TH had stopped the play.Either way,I have to say that was one heck of an effort for Holt not to quit and keep fighting and that's why you preach { go to the whistle }

Finally.... a post to let this thread die on!! Whether his knee was down or not the kid proved he was a straight up competitor on that last drive (actually as soon as his workhorse went down he stepped up)! And that last pass was no Hail Mary... it was on a string! Very impressive...  :thumb:

Finally.... a post to let this thread die on!! Whether his knee was down or not the kid proved he was a straight up competitor on that last drive (actually as soon as his workhorse went down he stepped up)! And that last pass was no Hail Mary... it was on a string! Very impressive...  :thumb:

Cap,

I appreciate your passion.  I may not agree with it all but I do understand where you are coming from.  Best of luck on Friday! 

Guys,

I was able to attend this one.  I have a few thoughts, observations, and questions. 

1. I do think the qb was down on that one pass and it was simply missed.

2. The clock guy needed to wake up and stop watching the game and watch the refs for stoppage.  But, I do not feel this was for or against either team.  He was jsut sloppy.

3. I didnt see a shove from #50 but there is a lot that goes on in these games that could be called and not everything requires a flag.  The best gaggle of referees, as one poster aluded to at Ootelwah, prevent a lot of penalties and head off the stuff that doesnt affect the real game, without throwing 20 flags a game.

4. DB fans, someone said the best you can hope for at home games is an even called game.  Do you really think this is the case?  Why just at home?  You do realize that there are several DB alum, not that it matters, that call football games and you had a couple on Friday night, right?  There are many Bristol guys from what I hear that ref too, but I really don't think it matters.

5. TN High fans, what makes you think grown men would intentionally penalize a group of kids, just because they are from one city or the other.  I am sure there have been refs that are low down like this, but I'd wager to say the vast majority want a fair game for all the kids who work hard all week preparing for the game.  I just don't belief they play favorites.  With that said, see point 6.

6.  I do think there is a wide, wide gap between some of the referees crews I have seen.  I typically try to go to the best matchup on paper every Friday.  So I wonder if the better crews are sent to the games that are expected to be better or have more implications.  I can't say that I have witnessed that. Some refs just look lazy and sloppy and do miss a lot.  They are all human an will miss something every game, but refs who mess up the rules, mess up the clock (its just one button dude), mess up the number of downs, and seem to like to see their flag in the air, need to hang up the stripes.  Then there are a few crews over the past few years I have been here that look tight, and like said, they go mostly unnoticed.

7.  The game between TN High and Boone this Friday has playoff implications, so will the refs here be anti-Vikings (anti-Cap)?  Will there be a sharp or sloppy bunch assigned by the T$$AA?  I am curious how this one goes with the zebras.  I may attend this one. 

8.  The DB game at Central likely will have a running clock in the 2nd half.  I won't go here, but have a relative that sees all Central games.  Since "everybody in NET hates DB", will the refs be anti-DB there and call agains the Indians at Central?  Please let us know after the game if the bias against DB is just a "home" thing as stated or if the bias is also at away games.  Ha!

9.  I am telling you, from living all over the state, as you travel west on Friday nights, the worse the zebras get.  We do have the best in the state, what ever that is.

10. Final Point:  I and we don't know the minds and thoughts of the refs but I have to hope that these guys only care about the game being fair.  If we can't beleive that, it kind of tarnishes it a bit. And to me, there is nothing greater than high school football, so I refuse to allow anything to tarnish it as a whole in my mind.

All kidding aside, I agree with about all of your post. I think the refs as a whole try their best to call a fair game. I have only heard of one ref that actually made a statement "in public" that "if he had a chance to cost DB a win he would take it".  Thats just one bad apple though. I think when you have a team with alot of speed in this area it causes the refs problems because their not used to it. Thats almost always DB or Science Hill. I remember twice last year in DB games the refs called a player down who didn't even have the ball. Both times the ball carrier had already broken into the secondary when the whistle sounded. Most would think the refs were against DB but probably they just couldn't keep up with the speed of the game.

Regarding the "he was down play"....I just saw the play on the last drive.  I watched it 10 or more times in a row.  He was not down.  It was close, but the DB drive was legit.  One thing I did see time and time again......Tennessee High did not tackle and or wrap up well.  More than once I saw a DB ball carrier advance well beyond what he should have.  Several snaps you can see TN High players quit running to the ball because they ASSUME their team has made the tackle.  

Regarding the "he was down play"....I just saw the play on the last drive.  I watched it 10 or more times in a row.  He was not down.  It was close, but the DB drive was legit.  One thing I did see time and time again......Tennessee High did not tackle and or wrap up well.  More than once I saw a DB ball carrier advance well beyond what he should have.  Several snaps you can see TN High players quit running to the ball because they ASSUME their team has made the tackle.  

Yea ..I been screaming about that all year :angry:  I counted 29 missed tackles against SH ...and that was just half way through the 3rd Quarter  :oops:

Well there you go again.... Just when Cap1 had almost convinced two people that the Ref's won the game for DB, you come up with this. I think probably the TH players didn't figure there was any use to tackle well because the Ref's were not going to call the ball player down anyway. (I just thought I would get that out there before Cap1 did) Stealing his thunder, so to speak.

Dude... if this is true why would you create a new profile unless you where a CLOWN in the past. Mind your business! :roflolk:

Why I created a new profile is really none of your business! What I say is the truth or I wouldn't have posted it. I've been watching COACHT for quite some time without posting after my son quit playing. But after seeing your post about the referees in this game it made me realize that I needed to reply to your post and remind you that you are still an idiot and still do not understand how stupid you sound on here. I heard the same CRAP1 out of you when you were beat in the playoffs when it was apparent your team got beat by the better team which by what I saw is exactly what happened in this game. Get a life idiot and quit living yours through a high school football team that you obviously weren't good enough to play yourself when you could have!  

Don't water it down 04! You can't worry about what these clowns think... speak your mind! We were at the same game... you know what you witnessed. Just look at it this way. When you get your pay check stub are any of these clowns signatures on it??? And when you wake up in the morning and look over, are you looking at any of these clowns (I had to water that one down a little :blush: )?? Let em SWING as I do! Say what you mean, and mean what you say! Easy on the sugar.  

It wouldnt suprise anyone on here if when you woke up you looked over and seen any number of those clowns!