Columbia Acad vs Wayne Co

wildcat89

This game is intriguing. It should be called the "Buttercup Bowl". Wayne has chalked up four straight victories against, ut hmmm....let's be kind, less than average opponents. Columbia Academy has gone undefeated against opponents with combined records of 11-29.

buttercup%20bowl.jpg

You will think buttercup when and if your mighty eagles get to play WC. Now go back outside and play cupcake

This game is intriguing. It should be called the "Buttercup Bowl". Wayne has chalked up four straight victories against, ut hmmm....let's be kind, less than average opponents. Columbia Academy has gone undefeated against opponents with combined records of 11-29.

buttercup%20bowl.jpg

You remind me a lot of me in 2010, when Perry County was doing really good. Except for the part where that Perry County team was WAY better than the Nashville Christian team your going on about.

Oh and that doesn't look like a Buttercup Cupcake :mrgreen:

Edited by theGURU

You remind me a lot of me in 2010, when Perry County was doing really good. Except for the part where that Perry County team was WAY better than the Nashville Christian team your going on about.

Oh and that doesn't look like a Buttercup Cupcake :mrgreen:

Guru, you are right. That was back in your AKAGlazed days. Perry County had a pretty good team, but people tried to tell you didn't they?

Wayne County wins this one by 21. Columbia Academy isn't quite as strong as the record indicates.

Edited by TheAmbassador

This game is intriguing. It should be called the "Buttercup Bowl".  Wayne has chalked up four straight victories against, ut hmmm....let's be kind, less than average opponents. Columbia Academy has gone undefeated against opponents with  combined records of 11-29.

buttercup%20bowl.jpg

I don't really understand this post. All four wins have come against teams that are either in the playoffs or will be in the playoff hunt until the very end of the season.  Yeah none of them are state championship-caliber, but its not like Nashville Christian's played anyone like that either.  You forfeited a win to the only team with a good record that you've played so far.  And to be honest, Harpeth's record is misleading and it looks like they'll come back down to earth before the season is over.  The only other impressive team that you've played is Jo Byrns, who is 3-3, and whose season looks very simiar to Loretto's.  Have fun with the always-stout McEwen in two weeks.

Edited by 1RT

Guru, you are right. That was back in your AKAGlazed days. Perry County had a pretty good team, but people tried to tell you didn't they?

Wayne County wins this one by 21. Columbia Academy isn't quite as strong as the record indicates.

We were better than a lot thought, but not as good as I thought.

And I still say Perry County was right in the mix of Teams the next year with WC, South Pitt, Gville, and Huntingdon. But one bad game against the Mighty Mustangs made a lot of people think otherwise.

Edited by theGURU

We were better than a lot thought, but not as good as I thought.

And I still say Perry County was right in the mix of Teams the next year with WC, South Pitt, Gville, and Huntingdon. But one bad game against the Mighty Mustangs made a lot of people think otherwise.

Perry County had the best player in the state for two seasons. Jacob Tucker's don't come around often. If Nashville Christian's QB is a Jacob Tucker then everyone is in trouble.

CA is going to bring more to the game offensively than WC has seen all year outta their opponents. But CA doesn't have the Defense WC does. The outcome will soely rely on CA's ability to score on a proven run stop defense. CA gets the passing game going?.... High scoring game if that happens outta both teams.... Who wins?.... I favor WC,... but this one needs some thinking. This game will be one to watch. District 12 Champs vs. District 11 Champs.

CA is going to bring more to the game offensively than WC has seen all year outta their opponents. But CA doesn't have the Defense WC does. The outcome will soely rely on CA's ability to score on a proven run stop defense. CA gets the passing game going?.... High scoring game if that happens outta both teams.... Who wins?.... I favor WC,... but this one needs some thinking. This game will be one to watch. District 12 Champs vs. District 11 Champs.

WC defensive line will be all over the Ca qb, they haven't seen the physicalness that WC is about to bring