Rhea @ Soddy

Another old rivalry of two schools just down the road from one another. The Trojans enter the game after a stern beating from McMinn while Rhea is riding high after a convincing show against Cookeville. Although this isn't a district game, it's a game the old timers like myself can't wait to see because it was once a rivalry that we all remember our battles in the bowl at SDHS.

Thoughts? Predictions?

It's still early but I'm thinking the clock runs continuous in the second half with Rhea on top...

On another note, I sure hope York is alright. Last I heard, he went to the hospital after the game last night. Regardless of whether or not he plays this upcoming week, I hope he is okay. He is a great kid and an excellent ballplayer.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw on Facebook where it was a contussion not a break . Not sure of his status of the game though. I guess we'll have to see. On another note, I think RC beats Soddy 28-7. RC's D has played great since that WV game. The adjustments the D has made looks to have a big difference. I look for the RC d line to be in the back field a lot in this game.

Having watched both Soddy and Rhea this year. Rhea should win this by no less than 3 TDs. Rhea is going to have to jump on Soddy early. Just look at the Hixson game. Soddy stuck around and got the up set win. In the Red Bank Soddy game Soddy played very well on defense that night. If Rhea does what they did to Red Bank, it will be a running clock in the 2nd half. What a turn around Rhea has had this year.

I was actually fairly surprised about the Cookeville score. Cookeville played well in the first half and was a good ball team. RC turned up the pass rush in the second half and was getting huge chunks of yards in the running game.

From what I've seen of Soddy they play hard and scrap all game, but just don't have a lot this year. As long as RC prepares as well this week as they have the last 3 then I think they come away with the win.

Edited by Cope1822

I agree. We usually have more people posting (or at least more names). Some may be choosing to read and not comment. Either way, it's strange.

What kind of offense are the Trojans running? Defense? Standouts?

I'm hoping the boys are having a good week of practice. Soddy should never be taken lightly, as they've kicked our butts in the past when they shouldn't have.

Any update on Mr. York? An earlier post said no break in his fibula. I'm hoping that's correct and he is only out for a week or two.

Rhea is doing well so there is no reason for people to get on here moaning and fussing.

Its true, we have more than our fair share of whine bags but so far this season we have been blessed to not have to hear their bellyaching.

What about the Soddy fans have they dropped of the face of the earth?