Upperman vs LA

Got a question for you guys. Thought LA called a great game, up until the near 50 yard field goal attempt. I know this is in hindsight, but still, why even attempt that? Yes, if you hit it, it would have put LA up 4 and made UHS have to score a TD. The kid might hit it all the time in practice, however, with poor field conditions, to say the least, cold and damp night, the ball barely made it to the end zone. Gave UHS great field position for the winning drive. When they lined up in FG formation I was expecting a fake and a pooch punt for a coffin kick to pin them deep, make them drive the whole field. Just wondered what others thought.

Got a question for you guys. Thought LA called a great game, up until the near 50 yard field goal attempt. I know this is in hindsight, but still, why even attempt that? Yes, if you hit it, it would have put LA up 4 and made UHS have to score a TD. The kid might hit it all the time in practice, however, with poor field conditions, to say the least, cold and damp night, the ball barely made it to the end zone. Gave UHS great field position for the winning drive. When they lined up in FG formation I was expecting a fake and a pooch punt for a coffin kick to pin them deep, make them drive the whole field. Just wondered what others thought.

I wouldn't call starting from your own 20 great field position. I would guess that it would be hard for a normal high school punter to pooch punt from the 33 yard line and keep it out of the end zone. I was looking for a fake too but with the holder running the ball. What they did SHOULD have worked out fine but Upperman was determined to score no matter how far they had to go.

I wouldn't call starting from your own 20 great field position. I would guess that it would be hard for a normal high school punter to pooch punt from the 33 yard line and keep it out of the end zone. I was looking for a fake too but with the holder running the ball. What they did SHOULD have worked out fine but Upperman was determined to score no matter how far they had to go.

It was a good decision at that time. My bet would be that any good coaching staff would have made the same decision under the same circumstances. It sure is easy to coach from that armchair 'after the fact'.

The only reason LA was in the game is because there was a huge mismatch against LA's #88 the whole night. There's no reason to play man coverage against a roughly 6'4 WR when the man covering him is about 5'10.

LA was 'in the game' because they have a well coached, very improved team. I wouldn't call leading all except the last minute 'being in the game'. I noticed this was your second post here. Could this the second game you've watched?

LA was 'in the game' because they have a well coached, very improved team. I wouldn't call leading all except the last minute 'being in the game'. I noticed this was your second post here. Could this the second game you've watched?

LA is a solid team, I never said they weren't. I believe they're way better coached than Upperman. But the poor decision to play man coverage and the fact that the secondary played bad against outside runs is why I believe LA almost pulled the upset.