2013 Football in Cheatham County

howdoitknow

The Cubs are 2-5. The War Eagles are 1-6. Cheatham closes with White House-Heritage, Westmoreland, and White House. Sycamore closes with Harpeth, Lipscomb, and Greenbrier.

I cannot believe I am saying this but there's a strong possibility that both teams will end the season with 2-8 records.

Harpeth, a very mediocre team, was given a gift from Nashville Christian to get to "5 wins" and that will likely get them into the playoffs. I don't see them winning another game though in all honesty.

The way athletics has been napalmed in my home county is an absolute joke. The kids have been set up for failure in the field of athletics and it will continue for years to come in all likelihood.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy, how do you account for Sycamores lack of success? They have the same coach now for 3 years, he takes them to the playoffs in his first two attempts, he boasts in the preseason about having all of these fine assistants, and lastly all of this talent? By all accounts they should be 6-1. The rot does start at the top and it does work its way down but I think in this case you can't blame the BOE totally. The BOE does know he played a kid in a playoff game 2 seasons ago at White House, while the kid was suspended out of school, and they know he let's kids play with failing grades. A number of the current kids and their parents saw what he did at White House.How can they or anyone else respect a cheater? The problems at Sycamore are different. The leader has to be disciplined in his approach and he needs to enforce the same on his kids. That will not happen here until a man with more maturity takes the controls. I hear parents griping about him while eating breakfast every morning. Yes I said parents with an "s"

Howdy, how do you account for Sycamores lack of success? They have the same coach now for 3 years, he takes them to the playoffs in his first two attempts, he boasts in the preseason about having all of these fine assistants, and lastly all of this talent? By all accounts they should be 6-1. The rot does start at the top and it does work its way down but I think in this case you can't blame the BOE totally. The BOE does know he played a kid in a playoff game 2 seasons ago at White House, while the kid was suspended out of school, and they know he let's kids play with failing grades. A number of the current kids and their parents saw what he did at White House.How can they or anyone else respect a cheater? The problems at Sycamore are different. The leader has to be disciplined in his approach and he needs to enforce the same on his kids. That will not happen here until a man with more maturity takes the controls. I hear parents griping about him while eating breakfast every morning. Yes I said parents with an "s"

Wes Proctor was a tremendous loss off of the coaching staff at SHS.

Glad you mentioned it. He was set up for failure by his Principal and AD Williams. He was told to lie to the wrestling parents last season. He got caught up in the game and probably felt he couldn't trust them anymore. But, he's as guilty as they are just the same. There is so much more to that story. As a side note, I wouldn't say it if I couldn't back it.

Glad you mentioned it. He was set up for failure by his Principal and AD Williams. He was told to lie to the wrestling parents last season. He got caught up in the game and probably felt he couldn't trust them anymore. But, he's as guilty as they are just the same. There is so much more to that story. As a side note, I wouldn't say it if I couldn't back it.

Williams and Proctor had a gun put to their heads in that situation. The principal is a Webb/Curtis Cronie and would have fired them otherwise. Leaving that dump of a situation was the best thing Proctor could have done. I'd venture to say Williams will no longer be the football coach at Christmas. I wouldn't be shocked if Mintz vaulted at CCCHS as well.

The deck is stacked against athletics in this county.

What else do you know about that situation? Myself and a parent were accused of something in which we played no part. They included the TSSAA in that lie and they got caught. I took it upon myself to expose them to every parent I could still find an address for so that I could clear my name. Have I taken it personal? Yes I have. They got rid of me to put their buddies in my place and it backfired on them. Now they deserve everything they get. You reap what you sow and Tylers doings will follow him to his next job. Bet on it. Oh yes, one more item. He Never played in any bowl games. He was on the practice squad.

When Coach Finley was winning at CCCHS it wasn't appreciated like it should have been. Now those days are long gone. When he resigned Jackson should have been hired for the job. If he didn't want the job and wanted to name the finalists (Hatley and Beaubien) then he should have been able to do this. Instead the job was reopened and then the board completely jacked it up by hiring an unqualified "get back coach" in Jakobik. Once he ran for McGavock they then tried giving the job to the people they should have looked at to begin with. At that point pride had set in and they all rejected the job. Then they hired Mintz who seems like a good guy but his soul reason for taking the job was to "double dip" by working in TN and drawing from Alabama. He'll get snatched up by a much better/stable situation when the "silly season" for coaches starts in November. This will leave the people of Cheatham County looking yet again.

When Coach Finley was winning at CCCHS it wasn't appreciated like it should have been. Now those days are long gone. When he resigned Jackson should have been hired for the job. If he didn't want the job and wanted to name the finalists (Hatley and Beaubien) then he should have been able to do this. Instead the job was reopened and then the board completely jacked it up by hiring an unqualified "get back coach" in Jakobik. Once he ran for McGavock they then tried giving the job to the people they should have looked at to begin with. At that point pride had set in and they all rejected the job. Then they hired Mintz who seems like a good guy but his soul reason for taking the job was to "double dip" by working in TN and drawing from Alabama. He'll get snatched up by a much better/stable situation when the "silly season" for coaches starts in November. This will leave the people of Cheatham County looking yet again.