conspiracy theory

mchstigertroy

As I continue to see references made on other threads that somehow suggest that Marshall County's assistant principal had stolen signals and had a direct effect on the outcome of the Page-Marshall Co. game, I feel I have to once and for all put all of these conspiracy theorists to rest.I want to do this because I don't want others to think the Tigers in some way cheat to win and because I ESPECIALLY don't want others to question the integrity of the MCHS assistant principal.

I help broadcast the games for WAXO in Lewisburg.The assistant principal for MCHS helps us out by doing our sideline reporting.Some have mistakenly thought that our

assistant principal was stealing signs because he was raising his arm on the sidelines and that he had a box on to transmit secret code to the Tiger sidelines.He was raising his hand to signal that he had something he wanted to broadcast from the sidelines.He does this toward the end of each quarter or if there is a big play or injury that he would like to update us on. We in the box know to look for him in these circumstances. He was only doing his job.This man is one of the most upstanding persons you would ever want to meet. His character is beyond reproach. It makes me sick to think that after the way he talked about how much he enjoyed and respected the Page fans and players during our pregame show, he and our school have to put up with these accusations.

And finally, if I have'nt convinced you yet let's try this.I have been around the Tiger coaches and I have no idea what their different terminology means for each play call.It takes a while to figure out I'm sure. Our assistant principal is a very smart man, but the only way he would know what play was being sent in is if the Page coaches sent in the plays something like this:

Jared drop back and hit Abner on a slant pass.

I seriously doubt that's how it is done. I know all Page fans aren't like this but these uninformed few sure do throw more fuel on the fire in this rivalry.I hope I have ended this once and for all.By the way, good luck in the playoffs MCHS!!!

mshctigertroy... very good explanation! It has been a while since I have been to a Marshall County game but I can see this happening! I too agree that it would be very difficult to read a coach's signals unless they were standing right beside a coach and somehow knew their terminology. If you stood beside me on the sideline, the only thing you could tell about my plays would be if it were a RUN or PASS play and only then if you had some knowledge of the blocking schemes (i.e. trap, boot, sweep, kick, cross, counter, screen, stretch). I think you may have put this matter to bed. Good Luck to both teams!

[Edited by ELA on 11-4-02 8:21A]

I was on the sideline and I spoke with this person.

Question? Why was he on Page's sideline and not mc's

Question? Why was he signaling numbers? could it be 2 for coverage 2 or 3 for coverage 3

Question? Why did he tell at least 2 players he was there for the local franklin station?

Question? Why did he turn tail and run to the mc side when confronted by an adult on the page side who asked a lot of questions

Question? let's not be so naive that he could send signal for run or pass. He was always hollering at the defensive players yes it is on tape.

Question? All of this took place in the first mc17--page0

second half the spy is gone and page outscores mc 7-6

Comment---- I was there and like I said he acted very suspicious and we have the stuff on tape. It makes our stomach turn to think we have to watch our backs.I was there and i don't like the idea that other people would imply we made this guy up His actions were thoroughly wrong, sneaky and misleading.

I tell you what let the TSSAA get the facts and let's go from there

will you guys quit. there was no reason for us to steal your plays because, you guys aren't that good. is it our fault we practice hard and know everything you guys were going to do. watch the tigers defense in the playoffs(in person if you like since ya'll dont have a game) and see if we stop team like we stopped you. :D

Here are the answers to your questions Bulldog69.

Answer 1: The radio signal was better!

Answer 2: He raises his hand to signal the radio upstairs when he wants to talk!

Answer 3: Clean your ears out...I do believe Lewisburg could be considered local!

Answer 4: The AP stayed until the referees asked him to leave due to crying on the sideline!

Answer 5: Your chain crew yelled at Page's offense and defense. Don't you think they could hear the play calls from Marshall's coach?

Answer 6: Your point is? Page scored on the last play of the game.

Do you need some cheese?

With your Whine!

Grow up people! Nobody cheated!

Guest tigress

Really. Seems to me that mchstigertroy was just trying to state the facts. You Page people must be paranoid. Bulldog69, you said that after half-time, MCHS only scored 6 points. Remember how they got them? A Stephon Johnson interception return for a touchdown. How did MCHS steal the signal there? Your 7 came on the last play of the game and it was a fluke at best. That's on the tape too. What's next? Coach Mac and the Tigers selling secrets to Iraq? Please. Give me a break. :D

Sorry you all feel the need to explain some things that were so Harmless....yeah right!!!. Please stop the drivel and face the facts...IT WAS POOR PLANNING FOR THE GUY TO BE THERE. what can you expect from the same poor sportsmanship from mc. The man should have stayed with his team. The TSSAA has already agreed that him being where he was was poor judgment and poor sportsmanship.

Page lost fair and square. The better team won. I've never known the head coach at Marshall Co. to cheat to win. Can Page say that? I hope so!

I'm sorry you have nothing else to talk about since Page will not be participating in the playoffs this year. See you next year.

Sincerely,

27mojo

• 3 years later...

Sorry you all feel the need to explain some things that were so Harmless....yeah right!!!. Please stop the drivel and face the facts...IT WAS POOR PLANNING FOR THE GUY TO BE THERE. what can you expect from the same poor sportsmanship from mc. The man should have stayed with his team. The TSSAA has already agreed that him being where he was was poor judgment and poor sportsmanship.

Bulldog has been whining for at least three years that we know of.