3A Playoff Guess

Charlie Murphy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams with 4-5 wins making a playoff is nuts and a waste of a good Friday night. It does nothing to enhance the season or the playoffs, and with very rare exceptions, these teams will not play beyond the first round. Losing by 40 in the first round of the playoffs makes the playoffs a joke, and ends the season on a downer for the loser and a waste of time (and potential injuries) for the winner.

I know it will never happen, but I would much rather see a 4 game playoff (16 teams) in each class, then a matchup between 1A and 2A champs, 3A and 4A champs, and 5A and 6A champs for the 15th game. Or have 24 teams and let the bottom 16 seeds play each other to "play in" to the 4 round playoff, and give the top 8 teams a week off.

I know - I'm dreaming.

You are right about when you play us.  Will not argue that.  Just one little correction though.  You did not beat us in 1998..... we were state champs that year.  Look at my signature.  The only teams to beat us that year were Mayfield Ky and Huntingdon and we paid Huntingdon back in the playoffs!!!

1997 at LC the final score was 20-13. If I'm not mistaken Milan finished tied for the District championship and lost the tiebreaker to put them on the road to LC.

You are right about when you play us. Will not argue that. Just one little correction though. You did not beat us in 1998..... we were state champs that year. Look at my signature. The only teams to beat us that year were Mayfield Ky and Huntingdon and we paid Huntingdon back in the playoffs!!!

my bad! it was 1997!

I assume if East Nash and LA both win out to week 10, then the winner of that game will get the 2 seed in Quad 3?  Where will the loser of that game drop to?

It looks as if the winner would get the #2 seed and the loser would fall to a #5 or #6.

Remember though, this is all a guess. I'd say the #1 seed in that quad is likely a lock.

Edited by Charlie Murphy