3A Playoff Guess

Charlie Murphy

Now you are causing me to change my mind and root for Dyersburg......

Now now coach.... I thought we were friends!!  LOL!!!  But in all honesty, if we beat Dyersburg and Crockett can upset Westview when they play (which is very possible)..... we will be district champs.  Lewis fans should be rooting for that to happen!!! 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. First they determine the 32 teams and then split them into 4 Quads by geography. Then the district winners get seeded first with the tie breaker system of wins etc. Next the runner-ups get seeded. (Keep in mind that a district winner and/or runner-up could be a 4A team and not a 3A, so not all district winners or runner-ups will be in the 3A playoff). After they are all seeded, the remaining teams in the Quad are seed based on overall wins and then tie breakers.

Alright thanks for the explanations. I have got a pretty good understanding of it all now.

Now now coach.... I thought we were friends!!  LOL!!!  But in all honesty, if we beat Dyersburg and Crockett can upset Westview when they play (which is very possible)..... we will be district champs.  Lewis fans should be rooting for that to happen!!! 

Why should we care? Don't get me wrong I have tons of respect for milan that being said, it does't matter if we play ya'll In the 3rd round or the 1st round we still have to beat you to get to the next round. Believe or not BPM Lewis Co. has  a very good team this yr and I think we have a chance to compete with anybody we play.(Lewis Co. is 1-1 against Milan) Lewis won in 1998 and Milan won in 2009

Edited by alltime

I guess the question is would you rather play someone like Milan the first game or play them after they've played once or twice.  If you don't play them the first round, there's always a chance someone else upsets them and does the dirty work for you.  This happens every year in the NCAA basketball March Madness tourney.

true!

Why should we care? Don't get me wrong I have tons of respect for milan that being said, it do.es't matter if we play ya'll In the 3rd round or the 1st round we still have to beat you to get to the next round. Believe or not BPM Lewis Co. has  a very good team this yr and I think we have a chance to compete with anybody we play.(Lewis Co. is 1-1 against Milan) Lewis won in 1998 and Milan won in 2009

You are right about when you play us.  Will not argue that.  Just one little correction though.  You did not beat us in 1998..... we were state champs that year.  Look at my signature.  The only teams to beat us that year were Mayfield Ky and Huntingdon and we paid Huntingdon back in the playoffs!!!