A-AA District & Region Play

Booger

I didn't hear why the gentlemen on the far side of the field got tossed but the 2nd one was kind of odd or harmless. Ball flew threw the air and a ND fan caught it and he bobbled the ball an once he got control he did an around the back move and then tossed it back in. He was ejected for delay of game. Seemed ok to me but I am not a Ref I am sure he was trying to keep the fans under control. Really both sides sounded good and I heard many encouraging comments for each side.

Really? No idea why?

ND did control the ball a higher percentage of the 2nd half which is all I got to see. Although Grace did have several good runs it just dissipated by the time it got to the forwards. ND defense really works well as a unit and NDSean is correct it was one breakdown with the goalie an the defense that allowed Grace to capitalize on it and get a nice goal. I think a big part of the goals struggling to find the back of Graces net really goes to a good defense with an incredible goalie. She stopped some balls that I didn't think we're stoppable. Best of Luck to ND and great job Grace. CCS looked tough today vs McMinn Central they really are a different team than the beginning of the season. ND will have to come out ready to play.

ND 2

Grace 1

Deciding goal made in last minute or so. ND had really one defensive breakdown, which led to the goal, but controlled much of the game. Same problem as usual, not finding the back of the net. The Grace parents were really energetic, and ND had a few parents tossed, but I'm truly not sure why. It was a great atmosphere tonight!

BigG; Knox Catholic has never give us the boot, at least when we have been at the State...CAK has pretty much been our Achilles Heel at the Dance when we did not win it.

Year     Opponent                   Score               Title                             Record             Champions

1988                                        2-1                   Champions                 17-2-1              Notre Dame

1996                                        2-1 OT             Champions                 15-3-2              Notre Dame

1997                                        1-0                   Champions                 18-4-3              Notre Dame

2003    Pope John Paul II     2-4                   Div-II Quarter-finalist                           Baylor

2005    CAK                             0-2                   Semi-finalist                                           FRA

2006    CAK                             3-2 OT             Semi-finalist                                           CAK

2007    FRA                              0-1                   Semi-finalist               14-4-3               FRA

2008    FRA                              1-2                   Semi-finalist               16-5-1               CAK

2009    CAK                             1-2                    Finalist (Runner-up)   16-3-3              CAK

2010    CAK                             1-0                   Champions                 12-7-3                Notre Dame

2011    CPA                             0-1 2xPKs        Semi-finalist               8-12-2                CAK

2012    White House              1-2                   Quarter-finalist          12-3-5               CPA

...hoping of course that all changes this time around; but we have to quit playing up and down games and get by Grace tomorrow afternoon at 6:00 first

ND did control the ball a higher percentage of the 2nd half which is all I got to see. Although Grace did have several good runs it just dissipated by the time it got to the forwards. ND defense really works well as a unit and NDSean is correct it was one breakdown with the goalie an the defense that allowed Grace to capitalize on it and get a nice goal. I think a big part of the goals struggling to find the back of Graces net really goes to a good defense with an incredible goalie. She stopped some balls that I didn't think we're stoppable. Best of Luck to ND and great job Grace. CCS looked tough today vs McMinn Central they really are a different team than the beginning of the season. ND will have to come out ready to play.

Thanks for the kind words regarding Grace AAA.  I was proud of the Lady Eagles for competing hard and making it a close game.  They came out a bit tense and tentative early on as evidenced by that first ND goal.  Total breakdown in communication and should never have happened.  They are genearlly better than that but afraid nerves may have gotten the best of them.   Obviously settled down and continued to fight hard against a faster and more physical ND team.  They worked their butts off to get their goal which seemed to energize them confirming they could compete.  Although Grace keeper made numerous good saves including a nice tip over on the high ball that led to the corner kick and subsequent winning goal in the 88th/89th minute, I keep thinking if she had come up to catch the ball before it bounced, the tip over and corner kick never happen and who knows what ensues. 

That being said, I have to admit ND did control most of the game and deserved the win.  They passed the ball well and worked hard to get the job done.  It would certainly have been an upset for Grace pull it out but at least they competed well.  Congrats Lady Irish and "Best 'O Luck" for another state title run.

And so Grace finishes an otherwise stellar season with the frustration of being so close to District and Region titles and their first State championship run they could taste it.  Hopefully that will inspire them to kick it up (no pun intended) just a bit more and start to join the conversation as a top Chattanooga Soccer program.  While they graduate 4 seniors including their standout keeper, they have a thriving MS and Elem program with select talent developing and some of their non-select players now joining club teams to hone their skills.  If the school can keep it together, I believe they will continue to be part of the conversation for years to come.

ND 2

Grace 1

Deciding goal made in last minute or so. ND had really one defensive breakdown, which led to the goal, but controlled much of the game. Same problem as usual, not finding the back of the net. The Grace parents were really energetic, and ND had a few parents tossed, but I'm truly not sure why. It was a great atmosphere tonight!

a few parents tossed? THERE WERE 3!...

#1...the one in the stands that got tossed just wanted his fair share of playing time with that soccer ball that somehow got into the stands....HARMLESS!

#2...the female ND representative that got tossed was just really confused as to why her daughter got a Caution and was really trying to tell the ref that he made a great call; but she got confused when she was choosing the correct words out of her vocabulary to tell him. Normally she just claps and applauds when those cautions happen...SIMPLE MISTAKE!

#3...the little skinny leprechaun guy with the green hat sitting on the visitor sidelines had an unexpected volume control issue w/ his Venezuela and I think (not 100% sure) he was trying to explain to the ref what #2 was trying to say....VOLUME ISSUE COMPLETELY OUT OF HIS CONTROL!

#4....GOT AWAY!

...Mrs. Booger said she did not know how the refs got 2 of those 3 and let the red head get away....lets put it this way; 3 of the 4 fans above that had to leave early to beat traffic, have daughters that unfairly draw more fouls and are ask by the refs to sit down on the sidelines to catch their wind, than anyone else on the team.

All 3 had to find an exit w/in a 5 minute time frame...C'mon Refs!

Edited by Booger

a few parents tossed? THERE WERE 3!...

...Mrs. Booger said she did not know how the refs got 2 of those 3 and let the red head get away....lets put it this way; 3 of the 4 fans above that had to leave early to beat traffic, have daughters that unfairly draw more fouls and are ask by the refs to sit down on the sidelines to catch their wind, than anyone else on the team.

Now thats FUNNY :lol: . Personally I love ND games, the fans get so invested in the game. It reminds me of me in my younger days. :D