Wayne County vs Mt. Pleansant

wildcatpride70

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're all his kids...duh!

Bullseye!.... Love the atmosphere of Tiger Football. No matter the Bunch of youngsters out there on the field. A lot of Good Kids have played/been a part of that program that have moved on to be Good Productive men. I will always support that program win or lose. Teaches discipline, teamwork and good strong building blocks to be strong, decent men.... For the most part any ways.... Good learning experiences for all that participates, playing or on the sidelines.

GO TIGERS!

Them boys are way better than it reflects. I am glad you all got to see that now though y'all may not be. That helps y'all to see just what I've been saying all year here on the T.... Turnovers and penalties lost those games.... Of course they made them, but I knew they were way better than that. I've told everybody all year long that if mTp could just limit or eliminate them that those boys could play ball with any one.

Eagleviile, Spring Hill, CA, and Loretto should have all been Wins for mTp but turnovers and penalties turned those 4 games into losses. Only team that beat mTp straight up was BGA.

Y'all play ball. Line looked good both sides of the ball. #70 on defense got a motor now. That kid was goin every down till the last whistle (big, fast, and gets in the backfield). I really like Beavis as a back, kid really puts forth the effort. Head first running everytime. Rice is gonna follow in his brothers footsteps. Knows when to run with it and passes pretty accurately.... If y'all would've thrown more proly would've hurt us, but I'm figuring the dropped passes drew Rice back from those play calls (WC running game actually worked in mTp's favor; running the clock)..... #8 got good hands... But passes were on for the most part and receivers were open. It made me cringe to see the ball fly, but really relieved to see it hit the ground or mTp flat out defend it. WC developes a short quick hit passing game like the TD pass at the end of the 2nd with the crossing route?.?.?.... WC would be Really Tough for 1A teams to beat. Gonna be anyways.

Best of luck to you guys in rest of your games. I will be pulling for ya as usual.

Agreed!  We actually threw more than usual, however late in the 4th when we're driving for that last score, I thought we handed it off a couple times too many while precious seconds ticked off the clock (especially after we'd thrown it pretty dang well).  Losing that time didn't help us after y'all got the ball back and we needed a stop....then again, I'm not sure we could've stopped y'alls run game as we didn't do that too much all night. 

I thought the real back breaker though was early in the 3rd qtr. when we fumbled the snap from the 1-yard line on 4th down and then y'all drive 97 yards for the score.  If we score there, I think it's a different ballgame.......but games are always filled with what-ifs and shoulda couldas.  Credit to MtP....excellent game on the road. 

....And MtP didn't turn the ball over but honestly I don't know how b/c a couple of those QB pitches came after he was wrapped up and pitched it very unconventionally...one time it was some kinda over the shoulder crap....but wow it worked somehow!  lol

One last thing....Could Coach Crews please send somebody in with the play instead of making Preston come to the sideline every time to get the play call.....he makes the kid run an extra mile every Friday night...that wears the kid out by the 4th qtr and kills seconds off the clock!!!  Go Cats!

Agreed! We actually threw more than usual, however late in the 4th when we're driving for that last score, I thought we handed it off a couple times too many while precious seconds ticked off the clock (especially after we'd thrown it pretty dang well). Losing that time didn't help us after y'all got the ball back and we needed a stop....then again, I'm not sure we could've stopped y'alls run game as we didn't do that too much all night.

I thought the real back breaker though was early in the 3rd qtr. when we fumbled the snap from the 1-yard line on 4th down and then y'all drive 97 yards for the score. If we score there, I think it's a different ballgame.......but games are always filled with what-ifs and shoulda couldas. Credit to MtP....excellent game on the road.

....And MtP didn't turn the ball over but honestly I don't know how b/c a couple of those QB pitches came after he was wrapped up and pitched it very unconventionally...one time it was some kinda over the shoulder crap....but wow it worked somehow! lol

One last thing....Could Coach Crews please send somebody in with the play instead of making Preston come to the sideline every time to get the play call.....he makes the kid run an extra mile every Friday night...that wears the kid out by the 4th qtr and kills seconds off the clock!!! Go Cats!

WC been having the qb come get the play for years