South Pittsburg vs Polk Co (Moore man vs that Davis man)

Roy Dillard

I am pretty sure SP totally dominated the game. Held SC to like 3 first downs and took a knee on the goalline with about a minute to go

SC really only had one standout play - a long TD run.  Other than that the Pirates dominated.  Mason Fuqua was a beast.  I was surprised there was no game MVP - it would have surely gone to him.  Sawyer Kelly did a great job controlling a nearly intercepted pass then taking it in for the score with three seconds left in the first half.  Really a great game.  A big shot in the arm for South Pittsburg football.

This game should be a good one.  If things go well tomorrow I plan on coming to the speedway to watch the orange and black.  SP will get their manhood tested tomorrow night much like MC will the next week.  This by far will be the best team that SP will play all year and I doubt anyone in 1A will be as good as polk is.  This game will go along way to seeing how much the Pirates have improved.  Before the season it looked like on paper that SP had a challenging schedule but who would have thought that Bell co. and Boyd would have had their worst teams in years.  Like everyone has been saying, after tomorrow we will know what to expect of the pirates in the playoffs.  I think that the Pirates pull out the victory 27-21.  The pirates can ride high in to MC next week, or be battered and bruised.  Good luck tomorrow!

SP and MC lines have dominated their opponents this year for the most part.  SP will get tested this week and MC next.  Not sure MC can beat the Pirates, but this should be the closest it has been in several years and that is all we can ask for at this point.  As for Polk, I think they have proved to be one of the top ten teams in the Chattanooga area.

SP will win by about 35. Just kidding, that was strictly for Roy. I know this will be a real tough ball game. It is about time for SP to be challenged. A couple of keys to the game for tonight I think will be who executes better, which side can limit YAC, and which side commits turnovers. I am interested to see if SP can tackle Miller consistently the whole game without tiring out. Should be a great night for football with some cold weather coming in. Everyone needs to come out to Beene stadium and support our boys! Go Pirates.

SP- 34

PC- 28

Another high school football Friday morning is upon us... 33°F when I got up this morning! I love real football weather, especially when a great game is expected. Good luck to both groups of kids, stay healthy, play hard, make some memories!

Charlie and crew will be rolling down the interstate with the Polk flag flying and hit the Beene at about 6:30 EDT...