Gerry Bertier's 3A Weekly Playoff Update After Week 8

Gerry Bertier

Hey vol, keep an eye on Tyner, they can get in as a runner up and that may push Someone to Q3 and shuffle the Q2 seeding.

Westmoreland would be the team to go back to Quad 3 and it would push East Hickman to Quad 4. Scenarios like these are what make the playoff system great because it could change the entire bracket but some argue this is the problem with our current system.

The problem is that "handful of teams" you speak of reside in 4A to 6A.

Since you're obviously an Alcoa fan, I'm pretty sure you misinterpreted my point. I was suggesting that there are a handful of middle and west TN 3A teams that could slip in CPAs back door if they overlook them. Maybe you disagree with that though.

Since you're obviously an Alcoa fan, I'm pretty sure you misinterpreted my point. I was suggesting that there are a handful of middle and west TN 3A teams that could slip in CPAs back door if they overlook them. Maybe you disagree with that though.

It really doesn't matter who occupies the other half of the bracket. East Tennessee is where great football is played. I believe thats been proven over and over again. Ask the Milans and the(snicker) the goodpastures of the world. Even when CAK has won it the last two years,the two best teams in 3A were in the same region. That's why I don't follow polls,because they go by record.If they actually knew anything about football then ALCOA would be #1.We prove that year after year.Whoever is voting CPA #1 only means its just a bunch of wishful thinkers.