Elizabethton (8-1) @ South (9-0)

EHSTrack06

You mean can't? And just wait til Friday night if you don't believe the stats. He doesn't look like much by the eye test, but is a beast.

I am sure he is.. I just do not think you can pull the this one has more talent then the other one. I'm sorry just do not see South having any more talent the Elizabethton on either side of the ball. In my humble opinion if either has an advantage it is Elizabethton not because of stats numbers or players. Simply because they this group has played in multiple big games. They know what its like to fight back from being down in a big one as well as how to maintain in a lead.  I just do not think south has played in any big pressure games the last few years to experience it. I may be wrong we will see Friday.

A waning Crescent moon...the hound dogs wail...the Black cats humpbacked creep with raised spinal coat indicative of anticipation for lurking shadows. Vermin scurry deep in the dry granular tundra in search of haven. As the Carter's and Sullivan's prepare for battle and understanding the Black Nite awating them...fearlessly approach their destiny. Having been to Mordor 'er long ago they contimplate the wretchedness of such a war. Hence, war allows one victor...while the other must ride the Black Train of The condemned...and feast on rotten failure of soot-covered evil. Er' to be 'begotten...Evermore

Edited by compusatman

Hey BobbyBoucher and BigPoppaPump. At the first of the season I was mentioning a few things about expecting South to have a good season in 4A. You guys promptly started bustin my chops about Betsy and E.T. being the real deal and not to expect too much. Did you guys really change your tune or are you just yankin Betsy's chain?

No chain yanking here. Never dreamed that South would be 9-0. Saw them play against North, very impressed.

These post of the Cyclones having no talent besides ET have got to be some kind of joke. Cyclones have managed games, moved the ball, gotten first downs, and yes even scored a touchdown or ten. ET doesn't play defense so I guess the cyclones must just be lucky to even put eleven on the field.Maybe we can convince the water boy to play to maybe boost our talent pool. Come Friday night, we'll see who has the talent.

Dont get too worked up fan12, south players, coaches and fans know how talented betsy is. Noone ive talked to expect anything less than all out warfare. Wish it was Friday already.

You and me both, not worked up at all just givin the the needy something to eat. This is going to be a great game to behold both teams are tough and class act organizations. I hate to have to be anywhere else.

Hey BobbyBoucher and BigPoppaPump. At the first of the season I was mentioning a few things about expecting South to have a good season in 4A. You guys promptly started bustin my chops about Betsy and E.T. being the real deal and not to expect too much. Did you guys really change your tune or are you just yankin Betsy's chain?

Hey I was completely wrong at the beginning of the season.  I believe I did pick Elizabethton to win the conference pre-season.  That was before I watched both and realized how sub-par the Cyclones are on the perimeter at completing and defending the pass.  Not to mention I didn't realize how good the Rebels are in the same aspect.  Not trying to give anyone a hard time.  Just being an objective observer of both teams and not a fan of either.  

Hey I was completely wrong at the beginning of the season.  I believe I did pick Elizabethton to win the conference pre-season.  That was before I watched both and realized how sub-par the Cyclones are on the perimeter at completing and defending the pass.  Not to mention I didn't realize how good the Rebels are in the same aspect.  Not trying to give anyone a hard time.  Just being an objective observer of both teams and not a fan of either.  

You have watched all these cyclone games which games did you come too?

You have watched all these cyclone games which games did you come too?

Not all of them, just a couple of them.  I was able to make it to the Science Hill game for Elizabethton and the Daniel Boone game for Sullivan South.  I was able to make it to one common opponent for both teams in both of their games vs. North.  I also know nobody wants to give it any credit, but I also did see South score 21 points in the first 6 minutes of the jamboree on Elizabethton's starters.  You can take that how you want, but no matter what the prep time for that may be, a team doesn't score 21 on a first team defense in 6 minutes without being physically superior to them.  Oh, and Thomas did play in that one as well.  It's not like South came out throwing double passes and screening them to death either.  I believe the first play was a short seam route down the middle for about 75 yards.  No one came close.  I'll take South's better ball players and quarter back over Elizabethton.