Rockwood @ Grace Christian

Wired4Football

I can't stand Grace as much as anyone on this board.  I think all privates should play in their own league, at least when it comes to the playoffs.  If privates play in a public arena,  they should play in 6A.  I love Rockwood but I realize we are heavy underdogs (just like we were last year when GCA scores with 26 ticks left to barely beat us). McKamey will try to score 100 on us if he can as the feeling for us from the GCA side is much the same.  You fake a punt on Greenback up 43 with a minute to go and wonder why no one likes your school. GO TIGERS!!!!!!! #AnybodyButGrace2013

Edited by 76STATECHAMP

You fake a punt on Greenback up 43 with a minute to go and wonder why no one likes your school.

All privates should play in DII, OR, if they are permitted to play in DI, they should have to play by the same rules as the rest of the teams: Transfers must sit for one year before they are eligible to play. Why should private schools be allowed to compete by a different set of rules?

So you are butthurt because people want to come to a new school? Why don't you have a problem with every private school? Who do you even write for? What is your problem? Just hating on a program because you can seems petty at best.

Bud, i'm not butt hurt by any means. If you along with your fans can be happy with the reputation that place has, go for it. I've had younger family members that have went and graduated from there that have came out and plainly said there were athletes there going for free. Please tell me why a former athlete at Grace would just make that up for no reason? For your comment about being petty, respect is earned not given. Your program is far from getting respect from most any school in the state. I don't have much of a problem with CAK, from what i know they're a classy group. Webb actually has the intestinal fortitude to come forth and say they recruit. Oh and get this, they haven't even had to have a turf field or any bronze statues to bring in a gold ball! There's a reason you guys are hated! Your athletic department as a whole is flatout classless. Look at the comments made at the Midway game by your head coach as well as various other places. Plenty of cheap shots as well in football, and some of the worst attitudes in basketball. Your AD says that ya'll are striving hard to change the perception at Grace, yet the same classless stuff and garbage keeps coming from that place. If you're going to back your school, at least be humble and know there are some major fixes that need to be made at that place!

Everyone follows the same rules man. What are you talking about?

I'm talking about transfers playing right away. That can't happen at public schools. If you want to play for a public, you have to physically move to that school district, or if you pay tuition to a public, you have to sit for one year before you are eligible. That same rule should apply to privates that are competing in DI.

I'm talking about transfers playing right away. That can't happen at public schools. If you want to play for a public, you have to physically move to that school district, or if you pay tuition to a public, you have to sit for one year before you are eligible. That same rule should apply to privates that are competing in DI.

Here, let me explain the rules to you as I am a coach as well on the HS level.

Lets just say a kid from Loudon or Lenoir City wanted to attend Greenback and play football. As long as he has a physical change of address and has moved into the school district zone of Greenback, he can play.....even if he has already set an athletic record at his former school.  If he decides to transfer to Greenback without a change of address, he may still attend the school (if GB allows) but then will have to set out 1 year from the last game that he played from the previous school. So yes, a student can transfer to a public and play right away.

Ok now....for privates it is the same rule with the exception of one thing. If a student wants to play immediately at a private, he has to physically move within a 25 mile radius of that school to be eligible. If that student already lives within the 25 mile radius then he would have to move outside of that radius for 6 months then move back inside the 25 mile radius to be eligible....other than that he would have to set out 1 complete year from his last played game at former school.  5 years back we had to sit some players from Clinton for one year because they lived within the 25 mile radius already and did not move. So therefore they sit.

The 2 students that transferred to Grace from Rockwood physically changed addresses and moved to Karns. They are eligible rigfht off. The same would be true ifd they moved to GB...they could immediately begin there as well.

Like I said, it's all the same with the exception of the 25 mile radius in privates.

One more thing to note. Any student can transfer to any school after their 8th grade MS year and is eligible to play as a freshman....whether it's public or private.

Bud, i'm not butt hurt by any means. If you along with your fans can be happy with the reputation that place has, go for it. I've had younger family members that have went and graduated from there that have came out and plainly said there were athletes there going for free. Please tell me why a former athlete at Grace would just make that up for no reason? For your comment about being petty, respect is earned not given. Your program is far from getting respect from most any school in the state. I don't have much of a problem with CAK, from what i know they're a classy group. Webb actually has the intestinal fortitude to come forth and say they recruit. Oh and get this, they haven't even had to have a turf field or any bronze statues to bring in a gold ball! There's a reason you guys are hated! Your athletic department as a whole is flatout classless. Look at the comments made at the Midway game by your head coach as well as various other places. Plenty of cheap shots as well in football, and some of the worst attitudes in basketball. Your AD says that ya'll are striving hard to change the perception at Grace, yet the same classless stuff and garbage keeps coming from that place. If you're going to back your school, at least be humble and know there are some major fixes that need to be made at that place!

That's garbage and I don't believe one bit of it. Yea, please explain to me why they would say it. You can post what you want and make up what you want. Haters will be haters. I transferred my kids to Grace 9 years ago. The best move my family has ever made............period. They wouldn't dare step back into a public school.....well, I'll just say, they would'nt go back to their former public school. The atmosphere from their public to Grace was night and day.  I went to a public and I can tell ya there is no comparison....especially when it comes to academics and being Christ centered.

Can you think of any reasons why anyone should like you're cheating rear ends.You draw kids away from bunches of local schools, pay their way if need be, lie like heck. I just can't find anything to like about GCA..If you fellers had one grain of integrity, you would,t  even be playing  these little rural schools who can't stay on the field with you for a half. How in the world does that make you feel soooooo big. What you need to do is ,grow you some, and play people who can compete.

Like CAK, South Pitt, Anderson County, Carter? Those are just the first few that come to mind that Grace has played last few years. I'm sure when your team was rolling them up a few years ago you laughed it up. They have a good team right now. Deal with it. I assume you're a grown up, act like one.