Rockwood @ Grace Christian

Wired4Football

Here, let me explain the rules to you as I am a coach as well on the HS level.

Lets just say a kid from Loudon or Lenoir City wanted to attend Greenback and play football. As long as he has a physical change of address and has moved into the school district zone of Greenback, he can play.....even if he has already set an athletic record at his former school.  If he decides to transfer to Greenback without a change of address, he may still attend the school (if GB allows) but then will have to set out 1 year from the last game that he played from the previous school. So yes, a student can transfer to a public and play right away.

Ok now....for privates it is the same rule with the exception of one thing. If a student wants to play immediately at a private, he has to physically move within a 25 mile radius of that school to be eligible. If that student already lives within the 25 mile radius then he would have to move outside of that radius for 6 months then move back inside the 25 mile radius to be eligible....other than that he would have to set out 1 complete year from his last played game at former school.  5 years back we had to sit some players from Clinton for one year because they lived within the 25 mile radius already and did not move. So therefore they sit.

The 2 students that transferred to Grace from Rockwood physically changed addresses and moved to Karns. They are eligible rigfht off. The same would be true ifd they moved to GB...they could immediately begin there as well.

Like I said, it's all the same with the exception of the 25 mile radius in privates.

One more thing to note. Any student can transfer to any school after their 8th grade MS year and is eligible to play as a freshman....whether it's public or private.

I'm with you on all of that, except I didn't know about the 25 mile radius. I also didn't know the two RW kids physically moved to Karns. Before they moved, are you saying they didn't originally live within 25 miles of Grace? Rockwood is not within 25 miles?

All privates should play in DII, OR, if they are permitted to play in DI, they should have to play by the same rules as the rest of the teams: Transfers must sit for one year before they are eligible to play. Why should private schools be allowed to compete by a different set of rules?

I'm talking about transfers playing right away. That can't happen at public schools. If you want to play for a public, you have to physically move to that school district, or if you pay tuition to a public, you have to sit for one year before you are eligible. That same rule should apply to privates that are competing in DI.

I'm pretty sure there are 2-3 transfers at Grace that are sitting out this year. One is a running back who is going to be really good.

I'm with you on all of that, except I didn't know about the 25 mile radius. I also didn't know the two RW kids physically moved to Karns. Before they moved, are you saying they didn't originally live within 25 miles of Grace? Rockwood is not within 25 miles?

Was that for the williams kid or the wannamaker kid?  Of course your schedule was tough played everyone in Knoxville because everyone is tired of playing the privates over there GCA CAK Catholic and the county stepped in and made all schools in the county play each other. Otherwise yall would still be trying to beat N.G. by 75.

Your right 2008 Cosby was region 1A champs!! lost the game on a missed last second field goal but won the Region when yall got caught letting players live with the preacher. How come 5'2" fat slow  kids that need help never end up living with a church member and get free tuition?

If they did you would just gripe that our chess team beat your chess team.

Also I would like it pointed out that Webb actually recruited the Inman boys not grace.

The move was suppose to be to get Kyron more exposure. Don't get me wrong you're a top team in the state right now and what i'm about to say, I say this in the most non-biased way I can. If you transfer from a small school to go to a bigger school, why go to a team in your district that's already loaded? Don't get me wrong no matter how much I can't stand Grace, the non-district schedule is sick. I just don't much understand that fact though of transferring to another school inside district 3 when his reasoning was to go to a bigger school like HVA for more exposure.

Feller for someone who writes for a paper you should know better than to believe anything you are told. That or do some fact searching for yourself. I never said we were the classiest program around but there is plenty of blame to go around. Do you know what happened with midway? Or do you just shoot your mouth off? You shouldn't make blanket statements either. As for the statue that was donated but I guess you didn't research that either. I don't think we need it but hey I'm only in charge of one team over there so I can't speak for everyone but I can speak for the kids I coach. I will not have you or anyone question the class or integrity of people you don't even know. Funny how no one mentions the good things we have done. Just another hater move along please.

I know the story on what happened with Midway, because Rockwood got theirselved tangled up as well. Trust me, I don't believe everything I hear but there are reliable sources everywhere. I wouldn't say it if it didn't come from someone with good credibility. Yes, there are good people at Grace (I've had family go there.) It's just the perception on the athletic field that bothers almost everybody. There is plenty of blame to go around in this district, but you all have the most to prove because your school carries the name "Christian" on their chest. Standards and expectations are raised majorly and even though it might not be fair, you're judged on a higher scale because of that.

Like CAK, South Pitt, Anderson County, Carter? Those are just the first few that come to mind that Grace has played last few years. I'm sure when your team was rolling them up a few years ago you laughed it up. They have a good team right now. Deal with it. I assume you're a grown up, act like one.

I'm sure we didn't laugh it up, it was just a big mess, we had the starters out in the 1st quarter. We had alot more class than that. What makes me mad is , Raven thinking they owe us something after the way we let up on them when they were pitiful. Yes I'm an adult and I've been around this for Many years. I know exactly who you've played. Did you find anyone you couldn't compete with. You are nothing more than an atheletic magnet and it was all a big plan.  You're administration is the one's who need to grow up, this killing these little public schools is a Digrace. What in the world does it prove.

I'm pretty sure there are 2-3 transfers at Grace that are sitting out this year. One is a running back who is going to be really good.

I sorta doubt any of these litlle rural teams that you compete against has 2 or 3 transfers sitting out this year. I think you just said a mouthful. Case closed,Send it to Nashville.

I've read this whole thread...put it to bed: Kyron & Demarcus the RW xfers - are awesome kids. The largest majority of the RW family still love them and wish them nothing but the best. Quite frankly I don't care if you recruit or even pay for kids...these are all still kids. Kids deserve opportunities adults are supposed to act like adults and live and exemplify a higher standard.

Furthermore, I couldn't careless if schools recruited or even paid for students to go to a particular school. These are still kids and kids deserve opportunity. That said, facilities are huge in modern high school athletics...where I'm from most high schools - public and private - have new turf fields. Who cares if Gca has one...instead of looking down your nose at them w a stink eye, figure out a way and means to provide something similar or better for your kids.