Rockwood @ Grace Christian

Wired4Football

Boss hog - I'm a parent of TWO ROCKWOOD TIGERS - and there's not many pairs of brothers on this team...on of them is in my pic...so...

Who cares about deep pockets - heck I wish I had deep pockets so I could give our boys facilities like that! Rockwood would look awesome playing on turf!

As far as any delusions - I'm well aware of the opponent, Kazam. What makes them a juggernaut is not their jimmies and joes, it's their x's & o's. Offensively they come out swinging for the fences and hit big plays to get up on a team early and then go to the trickeration and nickel and dime ya the rest of the game...what makes their defense so good is their offense...meaning opponents give up on their gameplay and try to keep pace with grace and they end up shooting themselves in the foot, making mistakes and giving up the ball via downs or turnovers.

Why does it seem that they're so explosive? Not because they have the best athletes, but because they distribute the ball to anywhere from 6 to 10 or more athletes...it's aggressive play calling...plain and simple. Will beating grace be easy? Heavens no, that's why they're undefeated...are they capable of being best? Absolutely. Remember it took grace until the last half minute of the game to come from behind to beat rockwood...

Rockwood should come out hitting, controlling the ball and going toe to toe defensively w gca's offense.

I have to disagree with you bout jimmies n joes and x's and o's. Without the right jimmies n joes you cant make all those crazy x's and o's they do work. Without having the right kids commited to practice and learning and hard work x's and o's mean diddley poo! Without having athletes who can run , block , catch , and throw you cant run trick plays. Without having the bigs up front to keep people from penetrating you cant run all the fancy reverses and misdirection. Without having a great run game and a 6'4" TE you cant play action pas and kill people with the TE seam. It IS ALLL about jimmies n joes. A middle school kid could coach and  would win 8-9 games with who they have. Anyone who disagrees with that believes highschool , college and NFL football are all the same. Coaching only makes a difference when the talent level is somewhat close. FACT!!

Let the best horse trainer in the world train a mule....I bet that mule will never win a race against horses EVER!

Edited by old24eagle

Yes because there the last team in as now

And don't forget Goodpasture has to lose. If GP wins then it doesn't matter what Hampton, Oneida, or OS does. A GP win puts them in & they'll be in quad 2 bumping Silverdale back to quad 1 prolly as a 2 seed & bumping OS out completely. That would prolly put Hampton 3rd if they win & 4th if they lose tonight with Oneida in the slot Hampton is not in. Either way for Oneida to get a bye we gotta have some help. Specifically a Hampton & a Goodpasture loss so if any of y'all can help us out we'd greatly appreciate it :D

Btw rockwood folks coming down a few good places to eat not far from school. The horn of plenty. Cedar bluff road, We're cooking next to dicks sporting goods on peters road. A BBQ joint just down the road from school next to mr gattis, and we will have the grill fired up about an hour before kickoff. Safe travels.

Boss hog - I'm a parent of TWO ROCKWOOD TIGERS - and there's not many pairs of brothers on this team...on of them is in my pic...so...

Who cares about deep pockets - heck I wish I had deep pockets so I could give our boys facilities like that! Rockwood would look awesome playing on turf!

As far as any delusions - I'm well aware of the opponent, Kazam. What makes them a juggernaut is not their jimmies and joes, it's their x's & o's. Offensively they come out swinging for the fences and hit big plays to get up on a team early and then go to the trickeration and nickel and dime ya the rest of the game...what makes their defense so good is their offense...meaning opponents give up on their gameplay and try to keep pace with grace and they end up shooting themselves in the foot, making mistakes and giving up the ball via downs or turnovers.

Why does it seem that they're so explosive? Not because they have the best athletes, but because they distribute the ball to anywhere from 6 to 10 or more athletes...it's aggressive play calling...plain and simple. Will beating grace be easy? Heavens no, that's why they're undefeated...are they capable of being best? Absolutely. Remember it took grace until the last half minute of the game to come from behind to beat rockwood...

Rockwood should come out hitting, controlling the ball and going toe to toe defensively w gca's offense.

what you said proves our point. most teams in single a don't have 6 athletes to spread the ball to. only gca has that advantage.

Old eagle you Missed the point respectfully... The point is based on game film gca's athletes aren't head and shoulders better than everyone they've faced. It's been game planning and execution. It's naive to think that it's all coaching, but it's also naive to think that's it's just because of the athletes. Is Gca a good team? No question. But in this case it's more a testament to coaching philosophy than the athletes. Nobody's knocking the kids' abilities, all I'm saying is if gca's success this year were only about talent then where's all the D-1 prospects? And just because you type "fact" in all caps doesn't make it a fact. You're confusing talent for execution. There's no question Gca has dominated the district this far but it's due to coaching and execution because talent-wise there's not a lot seperating Gca athletes from others. Furthermore, a good coaching scheme with great execution will beat a team of all-stars 8 out of 10 times. Great athletes may win games, but it's great teams with great execution that win championships...that IS a fact.

• Upvote 1

Old eagle you Missed the point respectfully... The point is based on game film gca's athletes aren't head and shoulders better than everyone they've faced. It's been game planning and execution. It's naive to think that it's all coaching, but it's also naive to think that's it's just because of the athletes. Is Gca a good team? No question. But in this case it's more a testament to coaching philosophy than the athletes. Nobody's knocking the kids' abilities, all I'm saying is if gca's success this year were only about talent then where's all the D-1 prospects? And just because you type "fact" in all caps doesn't make it a fact. You're confusing talent for execution. There's no question Gca has dominated the district this far but it's due to coaching and execution because talent-wise there's not a lot seperating Gca athletes from others. Furthermore, a good coaching scheme with great execution will beat a team of all-stars 8 out of 10 times. Great athletes may win games, but it's great teams with great execution that win championships...that IS a fact.

Exactly

Polar sloth - i know what you're saying but I disagree...solely because just as the kids have to trust the coaches to prepare them for a matchup, the coaches have to also build trust in players to execute...the way a staff builds that collective trust is in practice...and that's what I'm saying about gca's preparation aka coaching is that they practice ball distribution which enables them to develop players' confidence to execute at a high level. More and more high schools are moving to high powered offenses with multiple players getting touches. Why? Because it puts increased pressure on defenses and often exposes one on one mismatches. why? Because it's more difficult to key and plan for 5 or 6 players on a field who might get the ball any given play than 2 or 3. Without offensive execution with a game plan like that, teams get beat; alternatively, defenses that can't matchup for that style offense and the mismatches are exploited by large scoring differentials. Quite honestly I love it. But tonight's game is about two teams w very polar styles...Gca is high powered multiple weapon and misdirection and rockwood is smash mouth ground and pound. I excited for the matchup and expect a must better game than what the "experts" think.

Polar sloth - i know what you're saying but I disagree...solely because just as the kids have to trust the coaches to prepare them for a matchup, the coaches have to also build trust in players to execute...the way a staff builds that collective trust is in practice...and that's what I'm saying about gca's preparation aka coaching is that they practice ball distribution which enables them to develop players' confidence to execute at a high level. More and more high schools are moving to high powered offenses with multiple players getting touches. Why? Because it puts increased pressure on defenses and often exposes one on one mismatches. why? Because it's more difficult to key and plan for 5 or 6 players on a field who might get the ball any given play than 2 or 3. Without offensive execution with a game plan like that, teams get beat; alternatively, defenses that can't matchup for that style offense and the mismatches are exploited by large scoring differentials. Quite honestly I love it. But tonight's game is about two teams w very polar styles...Gca is high powered multiple weapon and misdirection and rockwood is smash mouth ground and pound. I excited for the matchup and expect a must better game than what the "experts" think.

Exactly....again

And don't forget Goodpasture has to lose. If GP wins then it doesn't matter what Hampton, Oneida, or OS does. A GP win puts them in & they'll be in quad 2 bumping Silverdale back to quad 1 prolly as a 2 seed & bumping OS out completely. That would prolly put Hampton 3rd if they win & 4th if they lose tonight with Oneida in the slot Hampton is not in. Either way for Oneida to get a bye we gotta have some help. Specifically a Hampton & a Goodpasture loss so if any of y'all can help us out we'd greatly appreciate it :D

There is actually a scenario out there where OS could lose, Goodpasture could win and the Bobcats could still make it. They would need McEwen to lose, MTCS to lose, Fayetteville to lose, and Jackson County to win. That could move OS past MTCS in the standings, and that wold leave MTCS as the odd man out. However, I don't think McEwen will lose, MTCS is a toss-up so the Bobcats better just win and not need about five things to fall their way.