Rockwood @ Grace Christian

Wired4Football

I can't stand Grace as much as anyone on this board.  I think all privates should play in their own league, at least when it comes to the playoffs.  If privates play in a public arena,  they should play in 6A.  I love Rockwood but I realize we are heavy underdogs (just like we were last year when GCA scores with 26 ticks left to barely beat us). McKamey will try to score 100 on us if he can as the feeling for us from the GCA side is much the same.  You fake a punt on Greenback up 43 with a minute to go and wonder why no one likes your school. GO TIGERS!!!!!!! #AnybodyButGrace2013

One more example of the lack of class...and I agree McKamey will try and run the score up.   The tigers better get their minds right and take this game personal.  Remember being freshman and sophomores playing a jv game being down 30 to nothing in the 1st quarter.  After they took their friday night starters out and finally let coaches on the field like they said they would from the start,  The rest of the game was 14-14.  44-14 final score.   I am still angry about it the lack of class shown that day.   

Boss hog - I'm a parent of TWO ROCKWOOD TIGERS - and there's not many pairs of brothers on this team...on of them is in my pic...so...

Who cares about deep pockets - heck I wish I had deep pockets so I could give our boys facilities like that! Rockwood would look awesome playing on turf!

As far as any delusions - I'm well aware of the opponent, Kazam. What makes them a juggernaut is not their jimmies and joes, it's their x's & o's. Offensively they come out swinging for the fences and hit big plays to get up on a team early and then go to the trickeration and nickel and dime ya the rest of the game...what makes their defense so good is their offense...meaning opponents give up on their gameplay and try to keep pace with grace and they end up shooting themselves in the foot, making mistakes and giving up the ball via downs or turnovers.

Why does it seem that they're so explosive? Not because they have the best athletes, but because they distribute the ball to anywhere from 6 to 10 or more athletes...it's aggressive play calling...plain and simple. Will beating grace be easy? Heavens no, that's why they're undefeated...are they capable of being best? Absolutely. Remember it took grace until the last half minute of the game to come from behind to beat rockwood...

Rockwood should come out hitting, controlling the ball and going toe to toe defensively w gca's offense.

About being on radio, the AD said they could broadcast from the visitors sideline...channel 12 - BBB - wanted to broadcast the game live On tv and the AD wanted to charge them to do it...which Gca had the right to do, but c'mon, why charge when everyone in RoCo gives gca's personal reasonable accommodations and hospitality...Gca has a bad reputation not because of players, but because of admin, coaches and parents. Warranted or not that's the perception.

I get a feeling your going to be sitting in the stands wondering what is the matter with the Tigers.  I mean absolutely no disrespect to Rockwood, but any single A public school that loses one of their top players is bound to suffer some from that loss.  Coalfield is still a solid team, but think of how good they would be with Bible healthy.  The Inman player is certainly the kind of kid that would have helped your team in a lot of games.  Take Greenback's best player or Oneida's and those two would be significantly hurt.  To top it off.....they are in the other teams line-up now. :huh:  I'm just thinking your team really has it's work cut out for them. 

Kaz

Let's all just take a step back and let these two football teams play football tonight.

Let's see if both sides can show some class.

Same as the Greenback week, nobody is giving the Tigers a chance. 

The Tigers will be just fine. 

Skip says........Rockwood 20

Grace        19

About being on radio, the AD said they could broadcast from the visitors sideline...channel 12 - BBB - wanted to broadcast the game live On tv and the AD wanted to charge them to do it...which Gca had the right to do, but c'mon, why charge when everyone in RoCo gives gca's personal reasonable accommodations and hospitality...Gca has a bad reputation not because of players, but because of admin, coaches and parents. Warranted or not that's the perception.

Well said. Once more another example.  

You make good points Kaz,but we didn't just lose Kyron, we lost Demarcus, a lot of seniors, and a couple other key boys to transfers. And that's why so many people wrote us off before the season began. These young men and coaches had to sack-up and grow up...and they've down just that.

You may be right, but one thing I've seen in these athletes that separates them from Grace is that they've faced adversity and challenges all season long and overcome. Grace has been able to coast...don't be surprised when Rockwood starts laying wood and graces is once again shell-shocked. The only difference is this year rockwood will finish the job w a knock out.