Union City v/s Halls

BigSwo

The Halls Tigers are coming off an impressive win against the Humboldt Vikings. No one thought they had a chance. No one except the Tigers that is. Looking back at their schedule you can see how these guys must be taken seriously. The Tornadoes have clinched the District Championship and a 1 st roung bye in the playoffs. With back to back wins over top ranked teams UC can ill afford the take this team lightly. This is a huge game for both teams. Both are hitting their stride just before the playoffs. Each team with great momentum coming in. What say ye?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the best thing that could have happened for the UC coaching staff happened Friday night...Halls beating Humboldt will now give meaning to the UC players when the coaching staff preaches not to overlook Halls this week in practice....Had Humboldt won, as expected, it might have gone in one ear and out the other...This might be a good game for a while but UC will wear the Tigers down and eventually win comfortably....

The Halls Tigers are coming off an impressive win against the Humboldt Vikings. No one thought they had a chance. No one except the Tigers that is. Looking back at their schedule you can see how these guys must be taken seriously. The Tornadoes have clinched the District Championship and a 1 st roung bye in the playoffs. With back to back wins over top ranked teams UC can ill afford the take this team lightly. This is a huge game for both teams. Both are hitting their stride just before the playoffs. Each team with great momentum coming in. What say ye?

UC has a very discipline team & should win by at least 14 points! It's hard to compare teams that Humboldt has played due to Hunboldt team being so unpredictable as far as how they play every Friday night!!!

Ok bigswo, I'll put my two cents worth in just for you :)

Our schedule was light the first half but it allowed us to gain some momentum and confidence.

The Lake County game was a farce...we were still in let down mode after getting our first loss the week before in Memphis. We woke up at halftime but our heads were too low the first half to catch up.

We held Peabody to TWENTY FIVE yards the first half but trailed at halftime cause they 1) intercepted our first drive and ran back to the nine scoring on four downs and then 2) when we tied it they ran the kick back. We kept their offense off the field but three second half turnovers led to their 20 points.

We literally frustrated Humboldt to no end last week. We were there to stop the run and we had their QB running for his life.

Why say all that? I dunno...like to see myself type I guess. Lol

I know one thing for sure...the same won't happen this year: we checked out when we got off the bus up there last year because the front of the jersey said Union City. We have finally gotten past names on jerseys and just go play. UC probably has more depth and more talent, but we are big and that could be important. But as ur coaches know we are suspect in the passing game: offensively and defensively and I exoect Coach Bowling to exploit those weaknesses.

But it will be a lot closer than last year cause we will actually get off the bus this year.

Have fun at the game and I pray for no injuries.

Ok bigswo, I'll put my two cents worth in just for you :)

Our schedule was light the first half but it allowed us to gain some momentum and confidence.

The Lake County game was a farce...we were still in let down mode after getting our first loss the week before in Memphis. We woke up at halftime but our heads were too low the first half to catch up.

We held Peabody to TWENTY FIVE yards the first half but trailed at halftime cause they 1) intercepted our first drive and ran back to the nine scoring on four downs and then 2) when we tied it they ran the kick back. We kept their offense off the field but three second half turnovers led to their 20 points.

We literally frustrated Humboldt to no end last week. We were there to stop the run and we had their QB running for his life.

Why say all that? I dunno...like to see myself type I guess. Lol

I know one thing for sure...the same won't happen this year: we checked out when we got off the bus up there last year because the front of the jersey said Union City. We have finally gotten past names on jerseys and just go play. UC probably has more depth and more talent, but we are big and that could be important. But as ur coaches know we are suspect in the passing game: offensively and defensively and I exoect Coach Bowling to exploit those weaknesses.

But it will be a lot closer than last year cause we will actually get off the bus this year.

Have fun at the game and I pray for no injuries.