Monerey vs South Pittsburg

Pirate2003

I noticed that a thread had not been started about this game yet. What do you think about this matchup. I read where Monterey had some pretty big linemen. Size vs Speed match up it sounds like. I am just curious if So.Pitt has seen the size this year that Monterey will present. I am also curious if Monterey has played anyone that has comparable team speed to South Pittsburg. Post comments and predictions.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Monterey has some very big linemen (#60 could start almost anywhere for anyone). They like to run a DT Power running set and they have an excellent young TB who has rushed for over 1700 yards this season. They wear you down over the first three quarters and then pour it on in the 4th. South Pittsburg will need to mix up the run and the pass well and stop the run between the tackles. If the Pirates have speed and can block the DE's they should be able to run outside. It should be a good game! The best team Monterey has beaten is Whitwell. Since South Pitt also beat Whitwell, it should be a close game (8-12 point difference).

I do not know that region that well. Is it really strong from top to bottom? What other teams are in it and how do you think they will fair in the tournament? Do you see any team from there making the final four? How about the Championship game? Again, just wanting to know from someone that knows. :D

I think it will be closer than you think. Monterey dosen't have a total lack of speed. They pretty much do things the same they prefer the the run over the pass. So look for one of the great games of the week.

Posted by DaCoach:

How did you arrive at that Antwan? I'm not being a smart aleck, but just curious? You seem pretty convinced. How many times have you seen both teams play? Or is this just a guess?

Gordansville beat Monterey 32-0. Monterey also lost to TYC.

SP has a quality team with speed. I am not trying to be smart with you either. I don't have a horse in this race. Jones is a very good back, but he is just a freshman. SP is battle tested. Monterey really hasn't played anybody very tough except Gordansville, and they got pounded. That's how I arrived at my conclusion. What can you add that can change my mind?

Guest SpitItOut

I think BigC is right, Monterey is pretty good. Big linemen up front. Speedy backs and pretty good D. Monterey is gonna have to play hard every snap instead of taking breaks in between plays. Second, Every team I believe is good or they would not be in the playoffs, you can atleast give them that respect atleast.

Posted by SpitItOut:

I think BigC is right, Monterey is pretty good. Big linemen up front. Speedy backs and pretty good D. Monterey is gonna have to play hard every snap instead of taking breaks in between plays. Second, Every team I believe is good or they would not be in the playoffs, you can atleast give them that respect atleast.

I am not saying Monterey isn't pretty good. Just because a team makes the playoffs does not mean they are a good team.

Just because a team does not make the playoffs does not mean they are a bad team. You can't tell me though that teams with 1-9 and 2-8 records should be in the playoffs.

Guest SpitItOut

HAHAHA I wasnt talkin to you antwan. I was reply back with BigC about Pirates1 statement. I know you have more sence than that. I do agree tho about the 1-9 and 2-8 teams tho. Mr. Antwan, I got a question. Who are you, a Dad, a Coach, or a Player? My guess is that your a Dad. Please Reply