District 9A

mc20dad

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 3 schools have rosters posted on the internet........Forrest, Fayetteville City, and Moore Co.  It would be nice to know who everyone has coming back this year.  I noticed when comparing last years Fayetteville City roster to this years roster it appears that they do not have 2 "would be" juniors and 2 "would be" seniors from last years team.  It looks like they picked up 1 new junior and 4 freshman and have 7 players back from last years team.  Not 100% sure this is the case, but that is what is posted.  Its really hard to pick when you do not know who is playing for each team, or do not have knowledge about underclassmen that may not have played much for teams who lost a lot to graduation.  Last year someone posted a very nice district preview on the Forrest webpage.  I thought it was great and it gave a lot of info about the teams.  Other than the info I found on Fayetteville City the only things I believe to be fact are:  I believe MTCS only lost 1 player to graduation and they have the best player in the district coming back in Spears (not only a great player, but a great young man), Eagleville lost 8 or 9 seniors, Forrest lost a lot to graduation, Huntland lost Mclennan and Satterfield, Community lost a couple of players to graduation but they have a nice group of Seniors with a lot of experience coming back.  If anyone has any info please feel free to share. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to starting district play after the holiday break.  Playing Friday at Forrest Classic--will be for some good warm up games before hit the meat of the schedule.  Boys doing well, so far 3-0 in non-district play.  Hope they're not too full of turkey for Friday, but should be getting some help now that football season is finally over.  Go Fayetteville Tigers!  I'm predicting finishing in second this year--keep getting better each year, with Super Sophomore Nick Hopkins leading the charge.

• 3 weeks later...

Well we had our first shake up in district. Community losing to Fayetteville City. Don't get me wrong, Fayetteville is a VERY good team. I just figured community's height and size would get to Fayetteville. I still stick with my predictions for the year.

1. MTCS

2. COMMUNITY

3. FAYETTEVILLE CITY

4. MOORE CO.

5. FORREST

6. EAGLEVILLE

7. HUNTLAND

Whatever happens should be a great year for district 9A.

• 2 weeks later...

Community and MTCS should be a great game to start the new year. Will stick with original picks after the first few games. Fayetteville City must learn to win on road. If they can do this they will be right there with MTCS. Community very talented and MTCS knows how to win. Moore Co. could be a spoiler. Other three will battle for 5th spot. Should be a lot of great games.

Fayetteville has a talented team and most of their losses were by 2 points or less. They took MTCS and Collinwood down down to the wire...both games were won on a last second shot. Having said that, Fayetteville will only lose 2 Seniors this year so they will be a team to watch for the 2014-2015 season.

Edited by bballbaby

Well its time to see if Moore Co. tough no-district schedule will pay off for them. They finally got a good sold win against Grundy Co., now I know Grundy is not a strong team but Moore Co. finally finished off a team they should have beat. Need to finish strong to get to my prediction of them finishing 4th in district.