A Kids Future

FbGuru19

I think they need to do away with age limits in high school football. 20? 21? 22 years old? Not a problem! Let Governors91 carry the rock for the Govs, ill take em all the way to cookeville.

We had kids driving to basketball practice at Alnwick.

The jerseys had pockets in the front for our smokes.

FBGuru19: I would have made it to the Bigs too if it hadn't been for that Little League coach that just didn't want to win......

Dang him!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that at all my son is an underclass men and plays quite a bit actually is one of the main contributor to the success of the team, nevertheless I watch every Friday as some kids who are in single parent homes are taken advantage of and can't just up and go to a private school for obvious reasons, so make no mistakes my posts pertain to kids that don't have the same opportunity as my kids!!!!!

See here's the thing...

I see why this country is in the shape it is you people aren't aware of anything

So the entire country is in the shape that it's in, because a handful of people on a high school sports message board aren't on board with you about what's evidently your issue with a particular, unnamed coaching staff, about playing time. I think you're probably just frustrated and venting here and not really trying to win anyone over to your cause, but people are going to jump all over this thread because you're pretty much just shooting from the hip.

Who knows, you may have a legit beef.  But when you start making crazy sweeping generalizations like that and not a soul here has a clue about any real specifics because none have been provided, I don't know what else to expect.

What's actually going on at this school? PS, these kids are not pro athletes, they're in high school. If we run with your idea and let them consider jumping from one school to the next based on sports participation, right in the middle of a school year and disregarding the disruption that'd cause to their education, isn't that a bigger concern when it comes to disservice to their future?

It's goofy because, just like most coaches none of you have played at a level further than middle school, but on this board you are self proclaimed experts, now that's comedic, btw it would be goofy if I was posting based on my kids misfortune, but that's totally not the issue here fighting for those that don't have the resources to fight for themselves, 'The Kids', and at the end if the day shouldn't that be what it is all about!!!!!

Actually I am apart of the booster club, I don't just support my kids I support all of the kids even a part of the booster clubs of the sports that my kids don't participate in, but I guess that is cause I am the Idiot here!!!!!

Well look, Not many of us have played " Pro Ball" like u, But I and many on here had good high school and college careers (D1 by the way) .  So I think when u get on here and generalize, be vague, not my kid kinda crap, your not going to get much support on here.

Just because you played pro Ball, doesn't make u a great talent scout by any means.

What I think you need to do is start some sort of support or advocacy group for disadvantaged kids in high school sports. Believe me, we all have a cross to bare, and it sounds like yours is working with these kids. 

Finally, if you read some of these posts by these guys, u can learn a lot! These guys have taught me a lot about Basketball and I played all my life.  Still coach and ref, just love the game. These guys have shown me, theres more ways of playing than the style I like, just look at their posts, you might learn something.