Basketball (Chattanooga)

winning1

McCallie beat E.Hamilton 68-65 . After reading the Times-Free Press it looks like it was a good game. Four EH players and 3 McCallie players scored in double figures. Blue Tornado won at the end.

I watch the game and I will tell you Mccallie is not that good ,East Hamilton is better but, there coaching is awful, they gave the game to Mccallie, First game I 've seen East Hamilton play and they had no inbound pass which turned into 8 plus turnovers ,no up screen, down screen, nothing, Mac Bower did all he could do had several turnovers ,but he had no help, In my opinion only college potential player on the court was Bower, Mccallie did the same play on EH ,loading stong side straight down the lane screen and scored everytime ,no backside help ,nothing, Adrian , for Mccallie killed Kenny last night.

I watch the game and I will tell you Mccallie is not that good ,East Hamilton is better but, there coaching is awful, they gave the game to Mccallie, First game I 've seen East Hamilton play and they had no inbound pass which turned into 8 plus turnovers ,no up screen, down screen, nothing, Mac Bower did all he could do had several turnovers ,but he had no help, In my opinion only college potential player on the court was Bower, Mccallie did the same play on EH ,loading stong side straight down the lane screen and scored everytime ,no backside help ,nothing, Adrian , for Mccallie killed Kenny last night.

Is JaVaughn Craig injured I didn't see his name in the stats he will be another key player for McCallie.

I've seen Soddy play this year not that good, but plays hard, LV is not good at all. So that tells me Hixson is and can't be that good, I know there coach is awful, wow Hixson need to fire there coach period. But that the Hamilton county way of hiring scheme, find the biggest idiot in that sport and hire him. I hear he's a good Christian man , that the hiring criteria in Hamilton county. Baylor just found out wolf's come in all colors and so did Marion. You might not like the truth but there you have it. good luck to the kids.

• Upvote 1

First EH not the my issue my issue is with chattanooga bad coaching, the kids not the problem they work hard and we don't put them on the road to success, we run them to deaf for no reason and coach them like there idiots. These kid deserve better than 1/2 of the coaches in Chattanooga, and if the kid your speaking of was my son I would be proud, has  I would with a few other kids in our area, has you see I have a problem with 4 or 5 coaches in the area, you can not find many bad coaches in Memphis that why there kids move on to play collage ball, I live he my whole life and this is just sad, EH should be doing better and so should Hixson and some others its mostly coaching in our area that runs of collages and scouts,

"But he has a good team this year that will make him look good if he will sit down and shut up."

Sorry to get off topic, but.........

My jaw about hit the floor when I read this........ This is what's wrong with middle school and high school sports. Maybe, just maybe, if the players and PARENTS would sit down and shut up, things would be different. The coach, is thinking of the TEAM. Are they setting their picks and screens, making their cuts to the basket. Taking good, open look shots and not taking shots while someone is in their face, not if little Johnny got his 20 points. This is not AAU, where a coach recruits kids, yells out a few instructions, and doesn't care if they win or lose. Again, as long as little Johnny got his 20, looked good in front of the scouts and the parents, of the kids, that got the 20 are smiling, that's all they care about. Did you win the game? Why no, BUT Johnny scored 25 had 10 rebounds and 0 assist. Again, 0 assist not a very good team player. Makes you wonder why they call it a TEAM anyways because 80 to 85 percent of the kids and PARENTS run to look at the stats when the game is done. They may have lost by 20 but did you see that throw down Johnny had over that 6'10 kid.

Point is, if parents talk about the coach like he's a dog in front of the kid, then the kid will think it's okay to dog him out, to not respect him as the coach. If the kid only hears about how great he is and not about how great the team looks when they play together, then he will think, that he should be the only one with the ball. A lot of this comes from us as parents. I know first hand, as I just about ruined my sons love of the game. Just sit back and watch them play. Enjoy it while you can because it can all be taken away it an instant.

"But he has a good team this year that will make him look good if he will sit down and shut up."

Sorry to get off topic, but.........

My jaw about hit the floor when I read this........ This is what's wrong with middle school and high school sports. Maybe, just maybe, if the players and PARENTS would sit down and shut up, things would be different. The coach, is thinking of the TEAM. Are they setting their picks and screens, making their cuts to the basket. Taking good, open look shots and not taking shots while someone is in their face, not if little Johnny got his 20 points. This is not AAU, where a coach recruits kids, yells out a few instructions, and doesn't care if they win or lose. Again, as long as little Johnny got his 20, looked good in front of the scouts and the parents, of the kids, that got the 20 are smiling, that's all they care about. Did you win the game? Why no, BUT Johnny scored 25 had 10 rebounds and 0 assist. Again, 0 assist not a very good team player. Makes you wonder why they call it a TEAM anyways because 80 to 85 percent of the kids and PARENTS run to look at the stats when the game is done. They may have lost by 20 but did you see that throw down Johnny had over that 6'10 kid.

Point is, if parents talk about the coach like he's a dog in front of the kid, then the kid will think it's okay to dog him out, to not respect him as the coach. If the kid only hears about how great he is and not about how great the team looks when they play together, then he will think, that he should be the only one with the ball. A lot of this comes from us as parents. I know first hand, as I just about ruined my sons love of the game. Just sit back and watch them play. Enjoy it while you can because it can all be taken away it an instant.

Thanks BatChipper , I have learn this lesson this past years now, I have cause my son more headache that he had nothing to do with, but everyone should take this advice because you put a target on your kids head. My son just plays the game never says how good or bad he is,maybe a little trash talking, but thats about it. Again Thanks.

Okay, now you've gone from slamming coaches to slander and libel. Not true about "dad Stone's wife". Easy to hide behind monikers and throw around garbage like that. This is my first and last post on Coach T. Thought this was a basketball forum. Sounds more like National Enquirer. Winning1...easy to blast every coach in the city when you don't have want it takes to step up and be a coach. Oochie...learn the legal terms for "slander" and "libel". 

Would love to read about Chattanooga basketball...guess that can't be done on this message board.

Even I agree, Stone wife is a nice lady leave her out of it, Even mr. Stones a nice guy so don't make up crap on his wife. Family should be off limits period. I will keep it to Basketball only. But coaches need to coach if they can't move on and go work somewhere else or Just teach. Even I know that all the coaches I have blasted is doing there best and maybe I have been hard on them but they all have there good and there bad and so do I, wish all have a great year,EH has great kid Hixson, HH and so on, we just need to keep them in mind and not the BS that surround basketball.

Winning1- it's easy to come on here and hide behind screen names and blast Coaches who work hard to put competitive teams on the floor. So much is involved in coaching that the average fan such as yourself has no idea about. My challenge to you is this, before you get on here bashing the coaches, go back to school, get a degree, get certified to teach, find a teaching job, find a coaching job, and get you a healthy dose of what it takes to coach at the high school level. Then if you still feel that the coaches are horrible, you can get back on here and bash away. My gut feeling is that you could never complete the first requirement of getting the degree.

McCallie is not horrible but appear to be down a little. Not sure how many, if any, key players are out due to football.

Howard is down early this year. I think Moose will have them playing well come tournament time. Wouldn't bet against them just yet.

Boyd Buchannan looks to be the best Class A team around this year. Should follow their Sectional appearance up with a trip to the Boro.

Haven't seen East Hamilton or Tyner yet this year so can't comment on them.