Basketball (Chattanooga)

winning1

Furthermore, who do the college coaches call to check out a player? Their high school coach is probably first on the list. Every seminar or clinic I have been to repeat the same thing-they know the kid can play, but they want to know 3 things: If the kid is coachable, what kind of teammate he is, and if he can share the ball. High school coaches have more insight on these things I would thin.

D1 coaches always talks to there AAU coach, heck for that matter my AAU could not nearly run his program in a tournament for collage coaches calling, So you think these coaches are really worried what high school coaches think only reason they talk to them is how is their grade. AAU coaches does a much better job than high school coaches in general, heck I don't like the Chattanooga Elite but there worst coaches are better than the best high school coaches in Chattanooga.

Edited by winning1

D1 coaches always talks to there AAU coach, heck for that matter my AAU could not nearly run his program in a tournament for collage coaches calling, So you think these coaches are really worried what high school coaches think only reason they talk to them is how is their grade. AAU coaches does a much better job than high school coaches in general, heck I don't like the Chattanooga Elite but there worst coaches are better than the best coaches in Chattanooga.

Yeah you are right. But those grades you are talking about are a little more than what you are describing. And college coaches are worried about what high school coaches think. That's crazy. Trust me, I know that a good AAU program is the secret to developing players. My kid has been playing at a high level since 7th grade and seems like we played the Chatt. Elite 2 or 3 times a year. They are solid.

Yeah you are right. But those grades you are talking about are a little more than what you are describing. And college coaches are worried about what high school coaches think. That's crazy. Trust me, I know that a good AAU program is the secret to developing players. My kid has been playing at a high level since 7th grade and seems like we played the Chatt. Elite 2 or 3 times a year. They are solid.

Haven't heard much about ChattElitie. I Know somone in Chattanooga area needs to step and form a respectable group for the kids in the area. Look at the Extreme and how many kids benefit  from that. Too many clicks in boys ball.  If the Steam out of ER was managened right could have had some good teams. As far as a coach recomendation the high school coach is as gooda AAU.

Haven't heard much about ChattElitie. I Know somone in Chattanooga area needs to step and form a respectable group for the kids in the area. Look at the Extreme and how many kids benefit  from that. Too many clicks in boys ball.  If the Steam out of ER was managened right could have had some good teams. As far as a coach recomendation the high school coach is as gooda AAU.

I like the Extremes,and if Frazier (Steams) could get things back in order,it would be my first option if I played AAU in Chattanooga. He has had some really good players and coaches.

Edited by winning1

They are solid for teams out of Chattanooga, but out side of Chattanooga in the big tounaments they struggle, Except there 17 U team they was pretty good, some of there younger group won some small mom and pop tournament but beside that they struggle. 

They are solid for teams out of Chattanooga, but out side of Chattanooga in the big tounaments they struggle, Except there 17 U team they was pretty good, some of there younger group won some small mom and pop tournament but beside that they struggle. 

Just be thankful you got guys that are taking them to big tournaments. Any AAU coach worth anything should be developing these kids to get exposure and make their high school teams better. I guarantee you the kids that play for the Elite are the best players on their high school team. And if those guys are working with younger kids, you will see Chattanooga ball start to compete at the state level. Soon.

Just be thankful you got guys that are taking them to big tournaments. Any AAU coach worth anything should be developing these kids to get exposure and make their high school teams better. I guarantee you the kids that play for the Elite are the best players on their high school team. And if those guys are working with younger kids, you will see Chattanooga ball start to compete at the state level. Soon.

Ya there doing great, but these are player develop by other programs so the jury is still out on the Elite. Wish them well.

1 Chattanooga team made the top AP team, Baylor , but there only a few team in that division,Tyner received 15 votes, but no top 10 Ranking,  Boyd got no love at all, they should have got some votes, Maybe not top 10 but some, Thanks Times free Press, good not looking out.

Polls are good recognition for fans and teams across the state and from reading the criteria it looks as though the votes were from across the state also. It says in part "as selected by Tennessee AP-member sportswriters and broadcasters."

Times-FreePress probably voted for the local teams but not enough support from outside of Chattanooga. No problem..lots of basketball to be played between now and March!!

Polls are good recognition for fans and teams across the state and from reading the criteria it looks as though the votes were from across the state also. It says in part "as selected by Tennessee AP-member sportswriters and broadcasters."

Times-FreePress probably voted for the local teams but not enough support from outside of Chattanooga. No problem..lots of basketball to be played between now and March!!

exactly!!!!

More you talk the stupider you sound , the Owls Suck compared to what there usually do ,so no one have size or skills here, Theres 6  kids I know that has has D1 offer already, Owls Suck and your a idiot, great combo. Only good player ya have on ya team is Mike Mike and he is just to small.  

You sound like a disgruntled parent.....are you really "winning"???? The best coach in this city is the Tyner coach.....The best player in this city is the kid from East Ham.....its guards everywhere that can do what Nate Robinson can do......but rarely go to the next level....guards are 6'4 at the next level....but centers are 6'2-6'4  in Chatt....get my drift....Name the 6 kids who have d1 offers sir.....

TPF rides the coat tail of Baylor, McCallie, and East Ham if they get some more talent...very biased....but the cream of the crop always rises to the top.......