Basketball (Chattanooga)

winning1

You are of course entitled to your opinion.  I was referring to the supposedly objective national rankings (US News, Money, Princeton Review, etc.).  Under their criteria, D2 and NAIA are basically unrepresented as "good schools" in an academic sense, though I do agree that given the right fit, virtually any school can be "the best" for any particular student.

I have to disagree with you about d2 and NAIA schools. Tell that to the graduates that come from those schools who are successful like James Franklin, Danny Woodhead and others.

sorry sir but d1 is the the standard and the dream for most kids...and some of the comments that kids get from their peers is that you are not that good if not a d1 player. It's not right or fair ...but it's the standard in which you are judged by. It's a lot of success stories at every level..

Certainly being judged by people who can't play should matter to kids who do, and obviously sitting the bench at a D1 school is preferable to actually playing at a "lesser" school.  <_<

You are of course entitled to your opinion.  I was referring to the supposedly objective national rankings (US News, Money, Princeton Review, etc.).  Under their criteria, D2 and NAIA are basically unrepresented as "good schools" in an academic sense, though I do agree that given the right fit, virtually any school can be "the best" for any particular student.   

Sure they are objective :rolleyes:  just like every other media ranking around. Of course they seldom explain the criteria that they used in determining those rankings..... It is amazing to me how much better D1 school education is as compared to smaller schools when so much of the faculty any institution teach classes for other institutions as well.

Don't get me wrong certain institutions specialize in a specific area and if so their classes will likely be superior, but very few institution are uniformly stronger than an other.

Pounderfan,winning1, TynerRamFan, passive Aggressive, and any body else that like Chattanooga/ Hamilton County basketball. Keep posting because seems like our area gets slighted. It seems certain teams get mentioned but not enough of the other teams. Seems like our local media cater to certain teams. Some of you I know I will disagree with on certain things but we have to keep our area noticed whether or not our media does not want to. Regardless of what some of you may seem certain teams are mentioned more than others. TynerRamFan I know u and I disagree on a lot but we can join forces about pub for football, basketball, and baseball teams in Chattanooga especially for our public schools with others on this board.

Smh the taunting bytyner is un real but spence has to realize JoJo has been to the state 3 times and he still hasnt

Doesn't matter..it really gets me with you Howard folks...when you have the advantage nobody can say anything to y'all about how "cocky" your players are but when the shoe is on the other foot it's always sour grapes...take these butt beatings now and in case the CoachT people want to know the Rams won tonight 75-36. I don't usually say anything especially since the season has just started but d--n y'all just don't have the team this year!

i like coach rogers too. he has alot of passion and fire for the game.i like the way the basketball program is heading but  less get pass east ridge first on friday which will be another close game just like last time. they seem to be getting hot. hope coach rogers and the young pounders don't over look them because they can beat us . but i expect to win!and if they beat east ridge on friday. the dome will be live and loud on tuesday and will be another big game for our young pounders. if we get a when next tuesday it will shake up the district standing's and it will become a three team race instead of a two team race, so lets see.

p.s the brainerd game the whole team will be back togather for the first time all see. well i hope so if nothing else happens form now to tuesday. lol you never know with these young guys....

Well you were right. I think they went in flat and got it handed to them. Still believe in them. Still young but they can play when they want. Hopefully they will be at full strength when Brainerd comes to the Dome. Still believe they can play with anybody in our district when they want.  Need to start Tuesday and get ready for the district. Go Pounders.

Nobody crying but win with class like moose has always done yiu have never seen a Moose coached team react that way and spence rubbed the win in bad but i kinda understand him because i think this is his second win against Howard ....but the grown men that were taunting is classless when it comes back and it will because this is sports get ready to take it on the chin....

Nobody crying but win with class like moose has always done yiu have never seen a Moose coached team react that way and spence rubbed the win in bad but i kinda understand him because i think this is his second win against Howard ....but the grown men that were taunting is classless when it comes back and it will because this is sports get ready to take it on the chin....

I have been to Howard games every year for a long time so don't try to make them look like they are "choir boys"..they have been very cocky at times so you can talk that trash to those who don't know! At Howard home court(when they were winning) you had the same thing with the taunting parents, players and fans so now you are reaping what you sow! But it's like I said before, you can give it but hard to take it! Don't try to hate on our season!

I usually just read and laugh at some of these comments BUT no one "taunted" JoJo last night. I guess u didn't see the first half when he pushed players repeatedly because of defensive pressure. One being the freshman players who's parents were upset. Being up close and personal at the Howard/Tyner games the last 6 years, Howard has been a very tuff opponent. They have reacted poorly after some wins too but no one posted about it. Howard is not a good team this year so take the good with the bad and deal with it. It was rumored that he was gonna try and get in Spence head during the game but I guess that 3rd quarter killed that vibe. Anyway, basketball is a game of streaks and runs. Howard streak is over(for now) and the Rams are on a run. Take the bitter with the sweet.......