Basketball (Chattanooga)

winning1

Out of the 36 or so posts on this thread, you sir, are by far the smartest guy in Chattanooga. You just summed up the whole state.

soufpaw we have disagreed about a lot of things ,but you hit the nail this time and missed you finger, I thank you for standing and calling out some of these schools programs instead of kissing there butts.

no....any school you can get a scholarship is good......but really...where does the basketball talent in chattanooga go after highschool....heck the girls get more scholarships than the boys.....and play less AAU#goodknees 

Where do they go? If they get a scholarship and go to school then what does it matter? I mean seriously, since when does one have to play D1 to matter?

D1 doesn't mean anything more as far as schools go, and D1 doesn't make you rich. The vast majority of D1 guys don't go pro. A kid is far better finding a school where they can get a good education and where they fit and enjoy playing then they are worrying about going D1.

Unless you really are a pro-prospect then D1 doesn't do anything more for you that DII or NAIA does.

Where do they go? If they get a scholarship and go to school then what does it matter? I mean seriously, since when does one have to play D1 to matter?

D1 doesn't mean anything more as far as schools go, and D1 doesn't make you rich. The vast majority of D1 guys don't go pro. A kid is far better finding a school where they can get a good education and where they fit and enjoy playing then they are worrying about going D1.

Unless you really are a pro-prospect then D1 doesn't do anything more for you that DII or NAIA does.

D2 and NAIA schools are not comparable academically to most D1 schools - they aren't even close.  If a kid wants to play sports and get a great education, they play D3 - no athletic scholarships, but plenty of merit money for kids that excel in the classroom and on the field/court.  In many sports and in most cases, the quality of play at D3 is comparable or better than D2 and far better than NAIA.

AAU in this area is a joke!!!#buddybuddysystem #watereddown...

You can call it what u want but any man that gives his time to teach kids the game free of charge for three months takes expensive trips out of town away from his on family to help keep kids engaged in something positive is far from a joke!!! It's not just about your kid or the High School team your kid plays on, but being a positive leader for all kids bringing them from all areas of Chattanooga and surrounding areas to become one.

D2 and NAIA schools are not comparable academically to most D1 schools - they aren't even close.  If a kid wants to play sports and get a great education, they play D3 - no athletic scholarships, but plenty of merit money for kids that excel in the classroom and on the field/court.  In many sports and in most cases, the quality of play at D3 is comparable or better than D2 and far better than NAIA.

There are plenty of good academic DII and NAIA schools. They typically don't offer the breadth of classes in D1 schools, but the quality of what they do offer is not lower. Of course the quality of classes offered in many if not most D1 schools is pretty sad these days.....

You can call it what u want but any man that gives his time to teach kids the game free of charge for three months takes expensive trips out of town away from his on family to help keep kids engaged in something positive is far from a joke!!! It's not just about your kid or the High School team your kid plays on, but being a positive leader for all kids bringing them from all areas of Chattanooga and surrounding areas to become one.

I don't know who you are or if you are even from Chattanooga, but obviously you have been around this game awhile and know what's going on. I feel the same way.

sorry sir but d1 is the the standard and the dream for most kids...and some of the comments that kids get from their peers is that you are not that good if not a d1 player. It's not right or fair ...but it's the standard in which you are judged by. It's a lot of success stories at every level..

There are plenty of good academic DII and NAIA schools. They typically don't offer the breadth of classes in D1 schools, but the quality of what they do offer is not lower. Of course the quality of classes offered in many if not most D1 schools is pretty sad these days.....

You are of course entitled to your opinion.  I was referring to the supposedly objective national rankings (US News, Money, Princeton Review, etc.).  Under their criteria, D2 and NAIA are basically unrepresented as "good schools" in an academic sense, though I do agree that given the right fit, virtually any school can be "the best" for any particular student.   

hey I agree with you if that's what the goal is to keep kids engaged...but next level. ?..

A student has to first have a desire to want to go to school to get an education and being a student athlete can help pay for tuition in some cases..and they must realize that there is a small percentage of athletes that make it to the next level. But there are so many other opportunities in sports that you can pursue off the field/court.