Basketball (Chattanooga)

winning1

Boyd-B is an excellent team and must now focus on District game with CSAS. Must put the two losses behind them with renewed energy. CSAS will be a challenge and should determine the frontrunner. Good luck to both teams!

P.S. Don't know what happened to the Brainerd/Howard game on this past Friday. It was in the Free-Press on Thursday to be played but was not listed to be played in Friday's paper.( "t-mac" what's the 411 on this game?)

I think Boyd can take this Game, Pulling for ya to win this one Against CSAS. I will go with Boyd by 13, There only lost has been to two very athletic and fast teams with size, Tyner Avg. 6,3" plus and Central probably a little bigger, there P/G against Boyd was over 6'3". Boyd I want ya to know ya are a lot better than I thought, Good Luck to ya.

Boyd-B is an excellent team and must now focus on District game with CSAS. Must put the two losses behind them with renewed energy. CSAS will be a challenge and should determine the frontrunner. Good luck to both teams!

P.S. Don't know what happened to the Brainerd/Howard game on this past Friday. It was in the Free-Press on Thursday to be played but was not listed to be played in Friday's paper.( "t-mac" what's the 411 on this game?)

This week picks are The Owl will loss to White County but will be a closer game than last time, Boyd Beats CSAS, Mccallie beats Bradley in a close one but Bradley can win this one, Walker Valley beats Cleveland, East Ham. Beats Mcminn, Bradley beat Soddy, Brainard beats East Ridge, Chattanooga Christian beats Grace, Baylor beats Walker valley in a close one but Walker can win, Mccallie losses to Hamilton Heights, Boyd beat South Pitts., Red Bank losses to Soddy but can beat them, Cleveland beats Mcminn, Walker Valley beats East Ham. in a close one but East Ham can win. CSAS beat Grace, Central Beats East Ridge in a game that won't be near has close has last time. Boyd beats Chattanooga Christian, Brainard beats Red Bank, Tyner beats Howard, Chattanooga Christian Losses to Notre Dame, Signal beats Hixson. Thats my week picks, let me know if I missed anyone.

AAU ball is no more damaging than School ball. I agree that year around can be problematic, it all needs to be managed. But if your school doesn't have a good basketball program a player would be better to skip school ball than AAU. More good coaches travel the AAU circuit than go to bad school ball games.

AAU ball in this area is not good. Like rec league to me.you name a player that got to a major or small college by playing AAU and skipping hs team ball from these tendinitis prone all about the money leagues and I will digress.....

AAU ball in this area is not good. Like rec league to me.you name a player that got to a major or small college by playing AAU and skipping hs team ball from these tendinitis prone all about the money leagues and I will digress.....

Most kids don't skip School ball and top level kids going to major colleges play AAU as well, so it is really a moot point. But the competition level faced at high level AAU is far better than the average HS game. AAU ball in your area may not be like that, but run to Atlanta for a couple of tourneys and you will see some serious ball played. Not to mention the exposure. At a high level TN HS game/tourney you will see a couple of coaches. At high level AAU you will see a boatload.

BTW what exactly makes AAU tendinitis prone? Is there something in the "AAU GAME" that is more damaging than in a regular game? I have seen a lot of ball both school and AAU and I don't remember seeing anything that much different.

This week picks are The Owl will loss to White County but will be a closer game than last time, Boyd Beats CSAS, Mccallie beats Bradley in a close one but Bradley can win this one, Walker Valley beats Cleveland, East Ham. Beats Mcminn, Bradley beat Soddy, Brainard beats East Ridge, Chattanooga Christian beats Grace, Baylor beats Walker valley in a close one but Walker can win, Mccallie losses to Hamilton Heights, Boyd beat South Pitts., Red Bank losses to Soddy but can beat them, Cleveland beats Mcminn, Walker Valley beats East Ham. in a close one but East Ham can win. CSAS beat Grace, Central Beats East Ridge in a game that won't be near has close has last time. Boyd beats Chattanooga Christian, Brainard beats Red Bank, Tyner beats Howard, Chattanooga Christian Losses to Notre Dame, Signal beats Hixson. Thats my week picks, let me know if I missed anyone.

white County game canceled due to weather.After watching these past few games I see what Coach T philosophy is..BUT..it will Not work if he doesn't extend his rotation. Owls have been up10 with 6min left in the game and struggle to close the deal because coach wont rest his starters at some point. The only way they come out Is foul trouble or foul out.Got 3 big men that could give some help in the middle and more guards on the bench who can give breathers. But we will be atop our district with Bradley. That's just how weak it is lol..unless coach pull something out the hat.#smh

Most kids don't skip School ball and top level kids going to major colleges play AAU as well, so it is really a moot point. But the competition level faced at high level AAU is far better than the average HS game. AAU ball in your area may not be like that, but run to Atlanta for a couple of tourneys and you will see some serious ball played. Not to mention the exposure. At a high level TN HS game/tourney you will see a couple of coaches. At high level AAU you will see a boatload.

BTW what exactly makes AAU tendinitis prone? Is there something in the "AAU GAME" that is more damaging than in a regular game? I have seen a lot of ball both school and AAU and I don't remember seeing anything that much different.

What I am saying is that playing both is not necessary IMO especially for players that got IT..yes I have been to Atlanta and saw the better talent but you give your hs info to the college clearinghouse. Not AAU . BUT it don't matter here anyway. Very little talent . No size and skill here.

What I am saying is that playing both is not necessary IMO especially for players that got IT..yes I have been to Atlanta and saw the better talent but you give your hs info to the college clearinghouse. Not AAU . BUT it don't matter here anyway. Very little talent . No size and skill here.

Of course if you have IT (big, super strong, super athletic, super skilled) then you don't even have to play anything anywhere. Send a video out to coaches and they will show up on your doorstep. (A 6'10" freak of nature from lower Uganda will get picked up by someone even if they have never played basketball)

Sure the College clearing house is set up with HS information, but if you think that the bulk of the visits to watch is just at HS games you are mistaken. Coaches want to see players playing against high caliber talent, not the average HS teams. A tall athlete with good skills can dominate a HS game, but you don't know what he/she really is until you put them in front of someone who is their equal or better. Coaches want to see that.

But as a player if you want to get better, develop your skills, learn your craft, then playing against better competition getting coaching from multiple sources, learning to play diff styles of ball all tend to help you.  I am a fan of TN HS basketball, but it isn't the end all be all. PLAYERS PLAY, it is what they do, parents should monitor their time, their work outs, and their games and make sure that they are not over doing it. But you don't get better not playing.

Furthermore, who do the college coaches call to check out a player? Their high school coach is probably first on the list. Every seminar or clinic I have been to repeat the same thing-they know the kid can play, but they want to know 3 things: If the kid is coachable, what kind of teammate he is, and if he can share the ball. High school coaches have more insight on these things I would think.

More you talk the stupider you sound , the Owls Suck compared to what there usually do ,so no one have size or skills here, Theres 6  kids I know that has has D1 offer already, Owls Suck and your a idiot, great combo. Only good player ya have on ya team is Mike Mike and he is just to small.