Basketball (Chattanooga)

winning1

It is almost funny how bad he coaches his team. They aren't running an offense or defense that reflects the talent his players have. I think the team has a lot of talent, although it is young, it is still good potential D1 in a few years. East Ham may want to take a serious look into finding a new coach.

Not saying that Ooltewah is coached much better though. From my own experience, former player, Montgomery (the kinda interim coach) is not a respectable candidate to replace Nayadley.

Why would you say that? All they did is switched seats and Nayadley had better talent but very passive in his coaching style. He does the same amount of talking now as he did as a head coach..and that's not much at all. Playing man and short rotation and not putting attitudes in check.With that said he wouldn't be hard to replace. On the other hand, Montgomery was undefeated as jv coach and pretty much ran all the practices anyway. He is 7-2 and 2nd in the district with a team full of guards that are skilled players and a couple of under developed bigmen on the bench who cant out jump the guards .The district is so weak

that the interim coach has a chance to do what Nayadley couldn't do with far better talent. I wouldn't disqualify him yet...

Yes we got growing pains at Hooterville but what has the former coach done that is so outstanding? The last 2 teams had waaaay better talent but pretty much coached themselves. IMO both coaches are cut from the same cloth. Montgomery more animated on the sidelines for sure. And when I saw East Hams big man trying to shoot a 3.. I knew that coach was a joke.He took out 5 bad ones and substituted 5 more bad ones lol . great crowd though.

Why would you say that? All they did is switched seats and Nayadley had better talent but very passive in his coaching style. He does the same amount of talking now as he did as a head coach..and that's not much at all. Playing man and short rotation and not putting attitudes in check.With that said he wouldn't be hard to replace. On the other hand, Montgomery was undefeated as jv coach and pretty much ran all the practices anyway. He is 7-2 and 2nd in the district with a team full of guards that are skilled players and a couple of under developed bigmen on the bench who cant out jump the guards .The district is so weak

that the interim coach has a chance to do what Nayadley couldn't do with far better talent. I wouldn't disqualify him yet...

Honestly being second place in the district isn't very impressive considering the talent in the district is down this year. I wouldn't say his coaching skills are subpar, the way he runs practice and the overall attitude he brings to the locker room is where he is the problem. When I was there he pretty much ran the team already (2012 state tourney team). I will give him the credit of being able to get his kids small college scholarships though.

Thinking about my comment earlier was probably a little too early to be judging and calling for his job. heck, who else would they hire.

Honestly being second place in the district isn't very impressive considering the talent in the district is down this year. I wouldn't say his coaching skills are subpar, the way he runs practice and the overall attitude he brings to the locker room is where he is the problem. When I was there he pretty much ran the team already (2012 state tourney team). I will give him the credit of being able to get his kids small college scholarships though.

Thinking about my comment earlier was probably a little too early to be judging and calling for his job. heck, who else would they hire.

who wants a team guard heavy so you may as well get the next man in line..And I didn't see any talent in the district worthy of a d1 scholarship no matter how tall. Heck the guards play harder anyway. And you cant pacify these young men no matter how talented.

Being 2nd in the district with a bunch of guards that can jump higher than some of these so called bigmen is pretty good to me..we play Bradley and cleveland this week if Montgomery plays man and extend the rotation to get the starters some rest we may have a chance to beat Bradley and the first meeting we were up by 10 with 6min left in the 4th but ran out of gas by not subbing out. Hopefully he learned from that loss. Now Cleveland were full of guards not that much taller..Thompson was just lights out ..