What coaches are on the Hot Seat?

Vols1234

You talk about the WB job as if all the top coaches are out there just waiting for that job to come open.....well let me tell you, "not many people want the job".....so give the guy some time and see what he can do, see if he makes adjustments. I am not happy or satisfied with 2 wins, but I have a brain, and I understand that the coaching carousel that has been at WB is not the answer.

I was at the Hardin Valley game, and a "idiot" that I know walks up beside me and says, "if Ridge can't do better than this, we need to run him off". I look at him, and say "and then what", "who would you hire then"....of course, he has no answer, his only answer was to run the coach off. This was the 3rd game of the coaches first year. I told him the same thing I have been trying to tell you, "not many people want this job, it is not as if WB is some storied program with great coaches wanting to come there." Of course, he was a lot

like you, he didn't want to hear that and kept

walking. If Ridge has not made any improvement

in the product in another year or two, or if he

makes no effort to make some adjustments, then

I won't be so quick to take up for him, but to be

calling for him to be on the hot seat after one

year is "stupid". But that is just my opinion.[/

quote] I do not think they should fire him now.

Saying he should be on the hotseat doesn't mean

he should be let go right now. It means he should definitely be let go if we don't see some kind of improvement next year.the fact is the team got worse this year and that alone should put him on the hotseat. Hopefully he gets it turned around next year.

It is a sad sign of the times that we are even having this post.  High School Coaches now are under the same pressure of college coaches "to win soon and often."  High School coaches differ somewhat from college coaches in that they have to play the students zoned for their school and can't go out and recruit players.  The facilities that the High School coaches deal with are dictated by the whims of Politicians and not the generosity of a booster. High School Coaches have it rough.  They are low paid for the time they must spend building/maintaining a program.  They must forfeit their summers to condition the players for the upcoming season.  I think the days of coaches staying at one school for a long career maybe over with.  Just like college coaches.

We all have good years and bad years in our chosen profession.  What if our employers decided to turn everyone over after a bad year?

When you coach high school football your not signing up for a free vacation.  You know what your getting yourself into and sometimes it's good and a lot of times it's bad. There are places out there that have a long road of failures and there is usually a reason. Normally there is a behind the scenes person or persons that cause so much interference even Nick Saban couldn't do anything to help that program and a perfect example is Heritage High School. God bless Tim Hammontree and all the hard work that man has poured into that program  but the predecessors that came before him destroyed that program so bad it might never be able to be fixed and who ever put her in charge of the athletic program deserves the blame also. I myself would rather take on the job of raising the Titanic.

When you coach high school football your not signing up for a free vacation.  You know what your getting yourself into and sometimes it's good and a lot of times it's bad. There are places out there that have a long road of failures and there is usually a reason. Normally there is a behind the scenes person or persons that cause so much interference even Nick Saban couldn't do anything to help that program and a perfect example is Heritage High School. God bless Tim Hammontree and all the hard work that man has poured into that program  but the predecessors that came before him destroyed that program so bad it might never be able to be fixed and who ever put her in charge of the athletic program deserves the blame also. I myself would rather take on the job of raising the Titanic.

you make several good points.  let me think on them

Thanks Ron, it was great meeting you guys.  You have always been a gracious and humble poster, good to put a face with the name.

What humbles me is my other favorite football team. The Tennessee Volunteers. I understand how fans of High School teams that lose a lot feel. That is why I don't rub Maryville's success in their face. Tennessee Vols have been doing a lot of losing lately but I will always be a fan of the Big Orange.

I love the Vols to Rebelron but I also enjoy winning football and it's very hard to watch what we do on Friday nights just to turn around and watch the complete opposite on Saturday. I look at some of those people that go to those games and wonder to myself how they could enjoy paying out all that money to set in a tiny little seat to watch that brand of football and pay a kings ransom for a couple of hot dogs and a coke while UT makes a killing off of them. I do believe Butch Jones will have something in the end but I believe that's going to be a couple of years down the road. Until then I will watch them on TV and avoid being suckered in by UT's propaganda machine.