5A Playoffs has of 11/1/13 after the games 10:12

mjuhb

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I saw tonight, it won't matter where Lawrence County goes. They didn't have 50 yds of offense against Shelbyville until the eagles put their 3rd string in. I saw on an earlier post where Shelbyville and the green wave scrimmaged earlier in the year..All things considered, I think the seeds are the favorites in this quad. Probably not the case in other quads. GO Falcons! get us that rematch!

The decision is do you send Lawrence to be an 8 who won head to head over Tullahoma who would also be an 8 in quad 3, or Northeast who lost head to head over Kenwood and finished with less 5 win opponents than Lawrence.  Should it be Kenwood because of the geographical location of being farthest west?  What do you do about Tullahoma having more 5 win opponents than Kenwood.  Should Tullahoma have to be a lower seed because Kenwood won head to head over Northeast?  Maybe Northeast goes to Quad 4 Since Lawrence is 5-5-7 and they are 5-5-6 and should be seeded lower than Kenwood because of head to head.  Do you put Kenwood, Lawrence, and NE in a cap and draw for who goes where?  Geographical location would be the most consistent option for all these such possibilities.

Lawrence 5-5-7-3 With head to head win over Tullahoma (Tullahoma is definitely Quad 3, Why are they Quad 3? Location)

Hillsboro 5-5-6-2 

Northeast 5-5-6-1

Tullahoma 5-5-6-1

Kenwood 5-5-5-1 With head to head win over Northeast (relevant to distance), Most West

The decision is do you send Lawrence to be an 8 who won head to head over Tullahoma who would also be an 8 in quad 3, or Northeast who lost head to head over Kenwood and finished with less 5 win opponents than Lawrence.  Should it be Kenwood because of the geographical location of being farthest west?  What do you do about Tullahoma having more 5 win opponents than Kenwood.  Should Tullahoma have to be a lower seed because Kenwood won head to head over Northeast?  Maybe Northeast goes to Quad 4 Since Lawrence is 5-5-7 and they are 5-5-6 and should be seeded lower than Kenwood because of head to head.  Do you put Kenwood, Lawrence, and NE in a cap and draw for who goes where?  Geographical location would be the most consistent option for all these such possibilities.

Lawrence 5-5-7-3 With head to head win over Tullahoma (Tullahoma is definitely Quad 3, Why are they Quad 3? Location)

Hillsboro 5-5-6-2 

Northeast 5-5-6-1

Tullahoma 5-5-6-1

Kenwood 5-5-5-1 With head to head win over Northeast (relevant to distance), Most West

Further west in what capacity? To Henry County, yes. To the bulk of the teams, no. Lawrence County is closer to the Memphis area than is Clarksville. So theoretically, if LC were to win some games (which probably wouldn't happen as an 8 seed), then travel distance would be less for them than a Clarksville team. In my opinion, this is why TSSAA looks at this way and why LC will likely be the one in Quad 4.

I haven't followed closely what the TSSAA has done in past years where quads 3 & 4 are concerned in 5A, so I can't guess as to why they sent Lawrence Co. to quad 4 last year. On their website, however, they state that they "never want to move a team more than 1 natural quadrant." Districts 1 through 4 are considered natural quadrant 1, 5-8 are considered natural quadrant 2, 9-12 are natural quadrant 3, and 13-16 natural quadrant 4. Because that restriction of "never" wanting to move a team more than 1 natural quadrant is the most strongly worded of their "guidelines" (see the 2nd video: http://www.tssaa.org/divisiononefootballplayoffs/ ), I was thinking the 5A bracket should be the following.

Quad 1

#7 David Crockett(wc) @ #2 West(2)

#6 Gibbs(wc) @ #3 Campbell Co(2)

#5 South-Doyle(wc) @ #4 TN High(wc)

#8 Cherokee(wc) @ #1 Anderson Co(1)

Quad 2

#7 Stone Memorial(wc) @ #2 Ooltewah(1)

#6 Oak Ridge(wc) @ #3 East Hamilton(2)

#5 Cleveland(wc) @ #4 White Co(2)

#8 Lenoir City(wc) @ #1 Rhea Co(1)

Quad 3

#7 Clarksville Northeast(wc) @ #2 Lincoln Co(2)

#6 Hillsboro(wc) @ #3 Beech(wc)

#5 Lawrence Co(wc) @ #4 Gallatin(wc)

#8 Tullahoma(wc) @ #1 Shelbyville(1)

Quad 4

#7 Dyer Co(wc) @ #2 Ridgeway(1)

#6 Melrose(wc) @ #3 Hardin Co(2)

#5 Memphis East(wc) @ #4 Millington(2)

#8 Kenwood(wc) @ #1 Henry Co(1)

I tried to tell you guys White County had at least a chance of beating Cookeville and finishing second in their district. After tonight's 13-0 win over the Cavs the 17-game losing streak is officially over against the Warriors arch-rival and district foe! No matter what Quad or who the Warriors play in the playoffs this season is a resounding success!