Gerry Bertier's 4a Playoff

Gerry Bertier

One big question I have is how they split Giles and Marshall. I have Giles in 3 and Marshall in 2. Know that can easily change.

Quad 1

1 Fulton 

8 Unicoi

4 Sullivan South

5 Carter

3 Elizabethton

6 Scott Co.

2 Greenville

7 Grainger

Quad 2

1 Signal Mountain

8 Marshall Co.

4 Catholic

5 DeKalb Co.

3 Sequoyah

6 Chattanooga Central

2 Hixson

7 East Ridge

Quad 3

1 Pearl Cohn 

8 Maplewood

4 Giles Co.

5 Chester Co.

3 Lexington

6 Greenbriar

2 White House 

7 Page

Quad 4

1 Trezevant

8 Haywood

4 Craigmont

5 Liberty

3 Covington

6 Northside

2 Dyersburg

7 Crockett County

Edited by Gerry Bertier

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hixson lost, so they and Signal are both 7-3 District Champs.  Signal is #1 seed based on first tie breaker.  East Ridge was District runner up, so they are ahead of Chattanooga Central. (my bad)

I know T$$AA has often sent Giles west, but if you look at the map, Marshall is better suited to join quad 3.

Guess we'll just have to wait for smoke from the chimney tomorrow.

Quad 2 would look like this if they bump Marshall to quad 3

1 Signal Mountain

8 East Ridge

4 Sequoyah

5 Knox Catholic

3 Giles

6 Dekalb

2 Hixson

7 Chattanooga Central

Edited by MountainTroll

GB   i have 1 fulton vs 8 grainger...5 sullivan south vs 4 carter...3 elizabethton vs 6 catholic and 7 unicoi vs 2 greeneville in quad 1...how did u get scott co and catholic in dif quads?

this forces me to have 1 signal mountain vs 8 chat central...5 east ridge vs 4 sequoyah...3 giles co vs 6 scott co and 7 dekalb vs 2 hixson

1 pearl cohn vs 8 maplewood...5 greenbrier vs 4 chester co...3 lexington vs 6 page and 7 marshall co vs 2 white house

1 trezevant vs 8 haywood...5 liberty vs 4 craigmont...3 covington vs 6 north side and 7 crockett co vs 2 dyersburg

im pretty sure i got the tiebreakers right with grainger/unicoi and signal/hixson and i pushed marshall just because they were the wildcard and i felt like they should travel as opposed to giles

im just trying to figure out how catholic and scott co got into different quads...i thought scott was the farthest west of all the quad 1 schools so i moved them to quad 2 when unicoi joined

GB   i have 1 fulton vs 8 grainger...5 sullivan south vs 4 carter...3 elizabethton vs 6 catholic and 7 unicoi vs 2 greeneville in quad 1...how did u get scott co and catholic in dif quads?

this forces me to have 1 signal mountain vs 8 chat central...5 east ridge vs 4 sequoyah...3 giles co vs 6 scott co and 7 dekalb vs 2 hixson

1 pearl cohn vs 8 maplewood...5 greenbrier vs 4 chester co...3 lexington vs 6 page and 7 marshall co vs 2 white house

1 trezevant vs 8 haywood...5 liberty vs 4 craigmont...3 covington vs 6 north side and 7 crockett co vs 2 dyersburg

im pretty sure i got the tiebreakers right with grainger/unicoi and signal/hixson and i pushed marshall just because they were the wildcard and i felt like they should travel as opposed to giles

im just trying to figure out how catholic and scott co got into different quads...i thought scott was the farthest west of all the quad 1 schools so i moved them to quad 2 when unicoi joined

who will host the Greenbrier/Chester County game?

Catholic is closer to I40 and will make travel to Quad 2 easier for teams. Remember it is not always based on geography. The Marshall/Giles is a toss up. If they are looking to reduce travel then Giles going to 3 would be the best.

got it thanks man...at least quad 4 is easy right

Yeah, still don't understand why they decided to flip Chester and Liberty this year. This is why I don't like the system because the brackets when it comes to geography can get muddy. But between the both of us, I think we nailed it depending on where they place certain teams.