Round 1 Greeneville vs. Grainger

DevilMan03

Here's a novel idea... I say let the freshmen and jv players start the game and play the 1st and 2nd quarter and then let the starters play the 2nd half. 1st half would be more competitive and might not have the lead at halftime. Starters come in and play with a purpose and the game has meaning for 4 quarters.

It would still be 42-0 at half.

It would still be 42-0 at half.

In the BRAC, yes. If it is back-ups against back-ups. However that is not usually the case. Most of the time, the winning team is subbing against the other team's starters. How about we just make the mercy rule kick in as soon as the score hits the 35 pt threshold?  Here in SC, the coaches can agree at any time during the game to have the clock run.  I have seen the clock run in games here from the first snap to last.

• Upvote 1

In the BRAC, yes. If it is back-ups against back-ups. However that is not usually the case. Most of the time, the winning team is subbing against the other team's starters. How about we just make the mercy rule kick in as soon as the score hits the 35 pt threshold? Here in SC, the coaches can agree at any time during the game to have the clock run. I have seen the clock run in games here from the first snap to last.

Don't see that happening here.

I think the mercy rule at 35 pts kicking in at any given pt during the regular season is a great idea. Until the TSSAA fixes alignment and its qualifications for a playoff birth we will continue to have lopsided victories. If the kids are taught to play to the final buzzer why cant a coach...coach to the final buzzer? makes no sense to me. If the score didn't matter and the feelings of little johnny did, they would never turn on the score board. I'm so tired of the political correctness that has infiltrated athletics. If play or coach athletics long enough you will be taken to the wood shed a time or two so, I can say that everyone at some point in time feels what getting dominated from start to finish feels like.

However, its play off time and if you were able to make the playoffs based on the TSSAA criteria then you are suppose to be qualified to compete at this level. These coaches and players on both sides of the ball have worked their tales off from spring ball to now... playing JV or freshman etc though maybe a good idea for regular season games but, this is playoff time  and its all about winning. If you cant stop us your going to get run over!  

I think the mercy rule at 35 pts kicking in at any given pt during the regular season is a great idea. Until the TSSAA fixes alignment and its qualifications for a playoff birth we will continue to have lopsided victories. If the kids are taught to play to the final buzzer why cant a coach...coach to the final buzzer? makes no sense to me. If the score didn't matter and the feelings of little johnny did, they would never turn on the score board. I'm so tired of the political correctness that has infiltrated athletics. If play or coach athletics long enough you will be taken to the wood shed a time or two so, I can say that everyone at some point in time feels what getting dominated from start to finish feels like.

However, its play off time and if you were able to make the playoffs based on the TSSAA criteria then you are suppose to be qualified to compete at this level. These coaches and players on both sides of the ball have worked their tales off from spring ball to now... playing JV or freshman etc though maybe a good idea for regular season games but, this is playoff time  and its all about winning. If you cant stop us your going to get run over!  

Yes I agree. I think we should focus more on the safety of the players than the safety of their feelings.