Dobyns Bennett vs Morristown East

orangeandwhite

Where are your Blazers playing this Friday? Oh yeah, sorry. Lol.

We've had 6-4 teams come to J Fred and knock us off when we've been favored before so anything is possible. I think we will be taking another trip to Maryville and then we're done.

ROLL TRIBE!!!

You are wrong, East will be one and done, I'm going with the Indians 23-20 in a come from behind win.   We'll be on the DB (ie.. visitors) side, so look for the guy in the Boone hat and say hi.     BTW, the Blazers were zero and done after our first game this year against Elizabethton.

I do agree with the last part of your post though, you will get smoked by Maryville, but so will everyone else on their way to Cookeville.              Playoff games start @ 7:00, right?

You are wrong, East will be one and done, I'm going with the Indians 23-20 in a come from behind win. We'll be on the DB (ie.. visitors) side, so look for the guy in the Boone hat and say hi. BTW, the Blazers were zero and done after our first game this year against Elizabethton.

I do agree with the last part of your post though, you will get smoked by Maryville, but so will everyone else on their way to Cookeville. Playoff games start @ 7:00, right?

Yes. 7:00. I will be there and will say hi. ROLL TRIBE

You are wrong, East will be one and done, I'm going with the Indians 23-20 in a come from behind win.   We'll be on the DB (ie.. visitors) side, so look for the guy in the Boone hat and say hi.     BTW, the Blazers were zero and done after our first game this year against Elizabethton.

I do agree with the last part of your post though, you will get smoked by Maryville, but so will everyone else on their way to Cookeville.              Playoff games start @ 7:00, right?

Morristown East will give DB all they want. We still haven't put 4 complete qty together. East's realies on their team speed. We spreaded teams out and pass or run based on how team defend us. Our Defense has been great all year. We really get after people with are speed and physical play. I really think having DB comming to Mo-Town will be just enought to get East to the 2nd round.

I know most people think that it does matter who wins, because the winner plays Maryville.You must play the best to be the best. East is a Junior ladden team, with a win they will get their shot at Maryville. Their is no crime losing to Maryville because just about everyone does. I just think playing the best program in the state will play big for next year. At lease we will know how far we need togo to complete for the 6A crown.Let not worrier about Maryville just yet, We need to win Friday before that can happen.

Edited by EASTFAN

Since '03, the Canes have posted a regular season record of 52 wins vs 48 losses. Having said that, do not overlook this program. These young men are playing with pride this year compiling a 9-1 season; a complete turn-around from last year's 1-9 record. Their only loss came against Sevier County in 10-14 game here at Burke-Toney. 

Morristown East will give DB all they want. We still haven't put 4 complete qty together. East's realies on their team speed. We spreaded teams out and pass or run based on how team defend us. Our Defense has been great all year. We really get after people with are speed and physical play. I really think having DB comming to Mo-Town will be just enought to get East to the 2nd round.

I know most people think that it does matter who wins, because the winner plays Maryville.You must play the best to be the best. East is a Junior ladden team, with a win they will get their shot at Maryville. Their is no crime losing to Maryville because just about everyone does. I just think playing the best program in the state will play big for next year. At lease we will know how far we need togo to complete for the 6A crown.Let not worrier about Maryville just yet, We need to win Friday before that can happen.

I heard you guys pressured Luke Manning all night. I listened to the Morristown East/South-Doyle game on the radio and you guys have really good team speed on Defense. I am looking forward to going to Morristown.. It has been awhile since I have been to a game there. How do you guys look on offense?

Edited by tennesseestud2013

The QB is Sr # 2 Logan Wallace who has played well throughout the yr and he has very good ability as a passer and makes correct reads in the running game, Sevier Co was his biggest struggle however he was dealing with a broken ring finger on his throwing hand that occurred in the previous week's game. It is a shame that # 8 Bryson Stephens is out till next yr based on him breaking his hand in 3 places against S-D; this sophomore is a VERY special talent who had been starting in the secondary all season and his role was increasing on O as the yr progressed. He also was a talented returner with a couple TD's. The OL has been the second biggest improvement behind the secondary from a yr ago. There have been a couple of injuries to the OL starting from right before the season began, but fortunately there was adequate depth there to survive. There has been good production from WR all year in the passing game with good depth as well across all grade levels, again Sevier Co was their biggest struggle just based on too many dropped passes; blocking still needs to be better from the WR in the running game. Onto the 2 studs on offense that are a backbreaker for the opposing D... Sr RB # 1 Matt Thompson has All-State ability and production, especially in his Sr yr. He is a 5-11 200 lb experienced baller who has avg over 130 yds/game and scored around 25 TD's this year. He broke the school career rushing record in game 7 this yr, contribute that to a stellar Sr season thus far and being a full 4 yr starter. He is currently setting at third for school single season rushing record. He has the lethal triad of vision, speed, and power to make him ultra dangerous as a runner. He will also haul in a few catches if needed too. Lastly, the most overlooked player on the whole team and he is definetly that player who puts the team on the next step up is Jr ATH # 7 Chris Logan. He will line up in various places on O just simply executing positivity. He is smaller in stature but that is the only glaring negative that can be said thus far. He has big play ability and is close to being automatic for FG's, and he also puts the majority of KO's in the end zone. This 2013 Mo East football team has a stingy turnover producing D, and what makes them overall so dangerous is their ability and productivity of being able to score quick and in bunches from O, D, and in the kicking game. The only thing they have not shown is 4 dominating quarters against a competitive foe (Seymour does not count as a competitive foe); however, they have shown in multiple games the focus, patience, and fight to come back from being down on the scoreboard including a 2 possession (10 pts) second half comeback against a solid Cherokee team. That game was won with about 4 minutes left on a 74 yd drive which put the score at 23-20 with a little over 1 minute left in game. Confidence is going to play a major role in the flow of this matchup, and this team has shown confidence all throughout the yr. It has to continue on...

as long as coach clark keeps coaching the way he does this will be a very easy win for morristown east...its time for him to step down...and for you DB fans that dont see it..enjoy winning over the easy teams that we are suppose to win over and choke every year in all other games. im just tired of it. he needs to be the athletic director.

as long as coach clark keeps coaching the way he does this will be a very easy win for morristown east...its time for him to step down...and for you DB fans that dont see it..enjoy winning over the easy teams that we are suppose to win over and choke every year in all other games. im just tired of it. he needs to be the athletic director.

LOL!  Someone seems to come out of the woodwork yearly over in the "model city" calling for Clark's head.  It was just Science Hill's time.  They were better this year and DB still made it close.  This DB team has played beyond their ability this season, in my humble opinion.  Clark has done a great deal with this team.  Where he really struggles is when he has a really good team, like last season.  I can understand being up in arms last season, but not this year when they are down so much.  Clark is a good coach and a great man.  I do wish he didn't try to be witty all the time with the media though.  Enough with the cute similes and metaphors about Mayberry and the like.  A great deal of people think it's tired and old.  :mellow:  

not coming out of the wood works i go to every game home and away and went to DB back in the late 90's...hes sord of like fulmer of the 2000's..great person and guy just cant win the games anymore..and im not talkin about just the science hill game...like when they were up by 10 points with 6 mintues to go and we have 3rd down and half yard to go...why not get up under center like u have all night long and run a qb sneak..i know hayworth was gone but it was a half yard..but no get into shotgun try to do a zone read and fumble but recover and punt and i knew then game over all momentum shift to science hill if they would have got the first down would have been able to run atleast another 3 mins off the clock and we all would be at j fred this friday night... its the plays he calls anymore its just past his time...like i said i dont want clark gone...needs to be the athletic director still part of the school...