Dobyns Bennett vs Morristown East

orangeandwhite

The QB is Sr # 2 Logan Wallace who has played well throughout the yr and he has very good ability as a passer and makes correct reads in the running game, Sevier Co was his biggest struggle however he was dealing with a broken ring finger on his throwing hand that occurred in the previous week's game. It is a shame that # 8 Bryson Stephens is out till next yr based on him breaking his hand in 3 places against S-D; this sophomore is a VERY special talent who had been starting in the secondary all season and his role was increasing on O as the yr progressed. He also was a talented returner with a couple TD's. The OL has been the second biggest improvement behind the secondary from a yr ago. There have been a couple of injuries to the OL starting from right before the season began, but fortunately there was adequate depth there to survive. There has been good production from WR all year in the passing game with good depth as well across all grade levels, again Sevier Co was their biggest struggle just based on too many dropped passes; blocking still needs to be better from the WR in the running game. Onto the 2 studs on offense that are a backbreaker for the opposing D... Sr RB # 1 Matt Thompson has All-State ability and production, especially in his Sr yr. He is a 5-11 200 lb experienced baller who has avg over 130 yds/game and scored around 25 TD's this year. He broke the school career rushing record in game 7 this yr, contribute that to a stellar Sr season thus far and being a full 4 yr starter. He is currently setting at third for school single season rushing record. He has the lethal triad of vision, speed, and power to make him ultra dangerous as a runner. He will also haul in a few catches if needed too. Lastly, the most overlooked player on the whole team and he is definetly that player who puts the team on the next step up is Jr ATH # 7 Chris Logan. He will line up in various places on O just simply executing positivity. He is smaller in stature but that is the only glaring negative that can be said thus far. He has big play ability and is close to being automatic for FG's, and he also puts the majority of KO's in the end zone. This 2013 Mo East football team has a stingy turnover producing D, and what makes them overall so dangerous is their ability and productivity of being able to score quick and in bunches from O, D, and in the kicking game. The only thing they have not shown is 4 dominating quarters against a competitive foe (Seymour does not count as a competitive foe); however, they have shown in multiple games the focus, patience, and fight to come back from being down on the scoreboard including a 2 possession (10 pts) second half comeback against a solid Cherokee team. That game was won with about 4 minutes left on a 74 yd drive which put the score at 23-20 with a little over 1 minute left in game. Confidence is going to play a major role in the flow of this matchup, and this team has shown confidence all throughout the yr. It has to continue on...

I do believe Coach Hatcher (Think that is Morristown East's Coach's Name) should be Coach of the Year in that Conference. I believe you guys went 1-9 last year and finish 9-1 this year.

not coming out of the wood works i go to every game home and away and went to DB back in the late 90's...hes sord of like fulmer of the 2000's..great person and guy just cant win the games anymore..and im not talkin about just the science hill game...like when they were up by 10 points with 6 mintues to go and we have 3rd down and half yard to go...why not get up under center like u have all night long and run a qb sneak..i know hayworth was gone but it was a half yard..but no get into shotgun try to do a zone read and fumble but recover and punt and i knew then game over all momentum shift to science hill if they would have got the first down would have been able to run atleast another 3 mins off the clock and we all would be at j fred this friday night... its the plays he calls anymore its just past his time...like i said i dont want clark gone...needs to be the athletic director still part of the school...

thanks for telling it like it is , some fans want to turn a blind eye to the obvious, its been time for something different, what coach cant win a majority of his games in this conference with the talent DB has year in year out, even the players know what plays will work, so you fans keep telling coach clark how great he is beating little 5a teams who don't make the playoffs year in year out

Two things:

1.  Some of you DB guys are bashing your coach.    That could be justified, I don't know, but remember that DB's cupcake schedule against Tricities teams is out of their control.    So I'm not defending DB necessarily but I can also see your point about being sick of getting whacked early in the playoffs.   So where does that leave us?    Well let's just concentrate on the ME game and then worry about the next one.    From a Boone fan, good luck against the Canes.    BTW, Boone should have beat you, but we choked at the end, however all bitterness is gone, we wish you the best as you represent the Tricities in 6A.

2.  This is for any East fans online....    should we eat before the game or does your stadium have hamburgers, chickfila sandwiches, etc?

Two things:

1.  Some of you DB guys are bashing your coach.    That could be justified, I don't know, but remember that DB's cupcake schedule against Tricities teams is out of their control.    So I'm not defending DB necessarily but I can also see your point about being sick of getting whacked early in the playoffs.   So where does that leave us?    Well let's just concentrate on the ME game and then worry about the next one.    From a Boone fan, good luck against the Canes.    BTW, Boone should have beat you, but we choked at the end, however all bitterness is gone, we wish you the best as you represent the Tricities in 6A.

2.  This is for any East fans online....    should we eat before the game or does your stadium have hamburgers, chickfila sandwiches, etc?

After the way the T$$AA system worked letting Davy into the playoffs over Boone this year,Id go ahead and change my school song from Daniel Boone was A man.This is how Batman see's it. Daniel Boone ''got'' the man,he ''got'' the big man,So on and so on.I've not had a lot of love for Boone since the gosh terrible ref game in 2009 and the real DB sign the next year,"BUT'' Boone got scred this year by the tssaa,plain and simple.

thanks for telling it like it is , some fans want to turn a blind eye to the obvious, its been time for something different, what coach cant win a majority of his games in this conference with the talent DB has year in year out, even the players know what plays will work, so you fans keep telling coach clark how great he is beating little 5a teams who don't make the playoffs year in year out

Hey I'm not a DB homer and not even native to NET.  If you Tribe faithful want to tear Clark up, have at it.  He is a good coach though, and a great man.  Who you gonna replace him with?

Good luck at MoEast.

And yes, Boone, you had the Indians on the ropes and let them off this year.

And I completely agree with the line of thought above on Crockett.  Happy for those kids, but this is just a messed up system.  Boone didnt even get a kiss from the TSSAA afterwards...

Edited by Pudding

Hey, after the last game, I vote for the DB Band Director to take over for Clark...

The Passion, Emotion, Fighting Spirit, Demand for the Perfect Formation. No doubt, he could turn that silly pre-game entrance into a thing of meticulously precise beauty. And, no worries about being home for plenty of band practice before the Thanksgiving Parades.

Hey I'm not a DB homer and not even native to NET.  If you Tribe faithful want to tear Clark up, have at it.  He is a good coach though, and a great man.  Who you gonna replace him with?

Good luck at MoEast.

And yes, Boone, you had the Indians on the ropes and let them off this year.

And I completely agree with the line of thought above on Crockett.  Happy for those kids, but this is just a messed up system.  Boone didnt even get a kiss from the TSSAA afterwards...

It is tempting to say Boone got shafted in the playoffs, however we had our chances and just could not win.  Gotta do better next year

Hey, after the last game, I vote for the DB Band Director to take over for Clark...

The Passion, Emotion, Fighting Spirit, Demand for the Perfect Formation. No doubt, he could turn that silly pre-game entrance into a thing of meticulously precise beauty. And, no worries about being home for plenty of band practice before the Thanksgiving Parades.

Good one ,I can see captain cook dressing the team in ballet tutu's before the game.Seriously though,I wonder how many coaches would kick his azz before the game even started,it might be worth a try !! I know Central,North and South would love  it,because no man would let his son play football for that arrogant little beoch.

Edited by BatmanDB

Good one ,I can see captain cook dressing the team in ballet tutu's before the game.Seriously though,I wonder how many coaches would kick his azz before the game even started,it might be worth a try !! I know Central,North and South would love it,because no man would let his son play football for that arrogant little beoch.

I don't know why the attitude with Cook but who cares. I think you would be interested to know that Carter shoved a DB band kid and Cook told Stacy to get his classless #### of the field and that's when he shoved Cook. I watched the entire thing but was told by people in the know what was said.

Edited by dbFAN91

Good one ,I can see captain cook dressing the team in ballet tutu's before the game.Seriously though,I wonder how many coaches would kick his azz before the game even started,it might be worth a try !! I know Central,North and South would love  it,because no man would let his son play football for that arrogant little beoch.

Batman, I am usually on here just to read and be entertained and I always enjoy your posts.  However, this one cannot go unanswered.  Lafe Cook has been an inspiration to hundreds of kids that have passed through the D-B band over the years.  Has he ruffled some feathers along the way?  Probably, but no more than you and I have in our careers.  I would have been proud to have had my son play for Graham Clark for 4 years because I know the type of many that Graham is.  But I am proud to have had my son under Lafe's direction for 4 years.  He has learned more about dedication, teamwork and the benefits of hard work than he could have under most other environments.

I don't know why the attitude with Cook but who cares. I think you would be interested to know that Carter shoved a DB band kid and Cook told Stacy to get his classless #### of the field and that's when he shoved Cook. I watched the entire thing but was told by people in the know what was said.

Not according to what I heard. A very good friend of mine was at the game, sitting in the field house, for a work dinner. Her children go to DB. She went to visit with some friends during halftime and got over there a few seconds before both teams left the field. According to her, the DB band director started the little incident. And according to her, not to many people care for him, aside from those closely affiliated with the band.

In regards to Coach Clark. He's a wonderful coach but more than that, a great man. Every single DB fan should hope that man heads that program for as long as possible. You won't find a better coach.

Edited by AlumnI01