Dobyns Bennett vs Morristown East

orangeandwhite

Alcoa coach will be an indian before long .... signing off till next year ..

Just switch coaches with Alcoa. Clark would win at Alcoa. Rankin would get the players out of the canoe and onto the ship at D hyphen B. Plus aluminum plants don't smell as bad as chemical plants.

Edited by Red Rebels

You are correct. I'm so done with this coaching staff. They've been sitting in the same place too dang long. I don't care if we go down hill or not. It's time for some new blood because the blood we've got is bad. Thanks for the many years but this needs to end. Please. I've been a loyal fan for 17 years and I can't take this anymore. I'm exhausted. Even with us being down this year we should have beaten East by 5-6 scores. There were some bad calls tonight but the play calls were not much better. Looking forward to some change. ROLL TRIBE

The coaching, the refs.  At db is there any time in history that the other team has been better than your team :?:

To start with, Mo. East was the better team. They were favored to win and they did. Yes, DB could of won the game. Looks simple to me what cost them were mistakes made in the 4th qtr. I don't know, maybe its coaching and maybe its just "kids" not paying attention. It seems to me that making mistakes on the field has become as much of a DB tradition as being the winningest football program in Tennessee. I think if you tracked it DB would lead "most mistakes made during games" in the state. Players know they can't throw int's, fumble, jump off sides, etc. They know they have to be in the right position to make plays. These "kids" at some point have to step up and play like they've been coached to play. Mistakes were the reason for every loss this season, plain and simple. Was it coaching or was it the "kids"? I can't answer that. Maybe 50/50. I know I didn't see any improvement from first game to last. Those of you calling for Clark to be gone had better rethink that. If the current AD has anything to do with a new hire (which he will) you will end up with the worst head coach of all time. This I can guarantee.

The coaching, the refs.  At db is there any time in history that the other team has been better than your team :?:

Good.....No.

I told them a couple of years ago what the problem in the big game was and I was promptly called every name in the book....

DB, after not having to play many 2nd halves, gets ahead by 2 or 3 scores and shuts down. The "We are the great DB and you do not belong on the same field with us" mindset ensues, chests are puffed for the cheerleaders and the planning starts for the after game party. Done. 

My hope is that everyone who is "so done with this coaching staff" means what they say and hits the road. When GC has had Division I talent, he has won. He's been to the quarter finals at least 4 times and he's been to the semi-finals 3 times. He fights more turf wars than anyone knows and never complains. He could fire 4 coaches tonight to make you happy, but the school system might replace 1 if he's lucky. Many that you would think support him completely don't support him at all. .

If you want to be a loser then you can go follow Volunteer or Central. This is DB and is my school and my team. If the staff changes or not they are my team. But, I want them gone. Too many times this has happened. Bad coaching decisions breed failure to these players. It's time to change. Everybody knows but some are afraid to say it. This staff has screwed up more opportunities than they've converted. And they are not getting us prepared to succeed. WE ARE TOO SOFT!!!! We need some old time hard nosed coaching. That's where it will start. Rant over, if you don't agree with me I don't really care. The facts are the facts. ROLL TRIBE IN 2014

Jhilts,

Greeneville, Fulton, and Maryville don't have to play many 2nd halves either, and they don't seem to have problems finishing. Not sure that flies. So I assume you feel it's just the, as you say, the "we are the great DB" attitude then.

Edited by Pudding

Jhilts,

Greeneville, Fulton, and Maryville don't have to play many 2nd halves either, and they don't seem to have problems finishing. Not sure that flies. So I assume you feel it's just the, as you say, the "we are the great DB" attitude then.

They don't have problems because of attitude, focus and discipline. Coaches, players, community? You can take it from there. Edited by jhilts

They don't have problems because of attitude, focus and discipline. Coaches, players, community? You can take it from there.

Nah,all that stuff is ok.The one thing different from Maryville,Greeneville and several other schools around the country.They play the Notre Dame victory March.The first time I heard Notre Dame play it on tv as A kid,I said they have the same song as the Green Devils.Yep,that's the difference.

Edited by BatmanDB

All I am going to say is this, me and my best friend was on the phone and we knew what was going to happen when were up 17-0. No, I am not calling for anyone's head. I am just saying it was a matter of time before they came back. The only thing that came out of this was not getting embarrassed by Maryville next week. Good luck Canes because they had a bad first half and they will really be focused next week.. 

Edited by tennesseestud2013