Predictions on 3A State Championship

BigDave67

Interesting comment since most of the CPA football players have been together since elementary school.

key word in your sentence coach, and that is "most".  I'd be willing to bet you have several "transfers/recruits" on that team.  With you guys recruiting all over middle tn and southern Ky and Alcoa with their "open zone" allowing anyone from here to Mars to enroll, there's no wonder you're successful.  TSSAA is worthless in my opinion.  The only ones they hold accountable are the small county schools.  I'm rooting for ANY and ALL county schools that can beat either of these two teams!  

Edited by devilfanatic

Alcoa with their "open zone" allowing anyone from here to Mars to enroll, there's no wonder you're successful.    I'm rooting for ANY and ALL county schools that can beat either of these two teams!  

You're way off base here...

We will accept a kid from Jupiter if he can play a little ball. (for reference, it's right next to Uranus...)

Root on in vain if you wish, but it's going to be all F5 this year.

Go Alcoa.

Amen.

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge
  • Upvote 1

key word in your sentence coach, and that is "most".  I'd be willing to bet you have several "transfers/recruits" on that team.  With you guys recruiting all over middle tn and southern Ky and Alcoa with their "open zone" allowing anyone from here to Mars to enroll, there's no wonder you're successful.  TSSAA is worthless in my opinion.  The only ones they hold accountable are the small county schools.  I'm rooting for ANY and ALL county schools that can beat either of these two teams!  

The key phrase in your response is' "I'd be willing to bet". Thus, you have admitted that you don't know and that you are willing to make accusations without knowing what the facts are.

While, I have not tracked this year the grades at which the CPA players joined the school, I did track last year's players and the grade of entry for the starting 22 positions on the team (as it seems that this baseless accusation gets thrown out quite a bit around playoff time). Using the starting lineup for the Milan semifinal game, all 22 positions were filled by players that were at CPA by the 6th grade. All but one player, was at CPA in elementary school. 

I will agree that this is unusual for any high school athletic team to have all their varsity starters in the school by 6th grade. In fact, I "would be willing to bet" that even White House has some starting players today that were not at the school (or feeder school) by the 6th grade. Families move and kids transfer all the time. However, for you to make the statement that CPA "recruits all over middle Tennessee and Southern Ky" is wrong and without any basis in facts and is easily shown to be false.

You can and should root for any county team that you choose. I'm also rooting for the 6A county school that I went to growing up, however, I would hope that you would root for your team for the right reasons and not root against teams due to your unfounded bias and baseless prejudices.