Predictions on 3A State Championship

BigDave67

That is what the 1.8 multiplier is suppose to correct (which by the way is the highest private multiplier in the nation).

I agree that CPA has an advantage. I even think that they should be in DII. But I think if you moved every private school to DII, then the private schools will probably just bolt the TSSAA and form their own league. Being a product of public schools and a big fan of the public schools, I think that the biggest loser in this scenario would be the public schools.

Actually the 1.8 multiplier is partially negated due to not having to move up 2 classes. Lipscomb & GP should be in a higher class as they were last year.

If privates want to form their own league...I don't think any publics would care.

Because rezoning or the opening of a new school creates temporary dips and troughs in enrollments at certain schools in a county, some schools have open enrollment for a specified, temporary period of time.  It's a loop hole that's not intended for athletics but can certainly be used that way.  Now, there are some public schools in the state that are always open enrollment schools every year, all year.  Those schools should be scrutinized.

Giles Co is one of them!