Big Games in Memphis - Playoffs, Round 1

kwc

CLASS 6A

Game 1: (6) Hendersonville (7-3) at (3) Arlington (8-2)

Will the so-called Distractions catch up with the Tigers Friday night??? Yes!

Hendersonville by 3

Game 2: (8) Cordova (6-4) at (1) Whitehaven (8-2)

Message for the good of my neighborhood... My words on a message board don't cause or create WINS or LOSES... The So-called "bulletin board" fodder is a scapegoat that can be used when one doesn't want to OWN one's deficiencies and short-comings. That Being said I should be able to watch what I've been watching, the way I've been watching it. Don't agree with certain decisions but I understand... On to my customary Pick.

RESPECT DA HAVEN

Game 3: (5) Houston (8-2) vs. (4) White Station (6-4)

Houston oh how I WISH I could of seen some Footage of some games but I haven't. That Said, White Station looks to be THE Biggest hurdle standing in Whitehaven's way of escaping the WEST.

White Station by 3 (Hope that I'm wrong tho)

Game 4: (6) Collierville (7-3) at (3) Southwind (7-3)

Without seeing much footage of these teams I'll say the records look to be pretty even. I'll give the edge to the Home team. This pick may get changed by Thursday as of now...

Southwind by 3

Game 5: (7) Central (6-4) at (2) Brighton (8-2)

An Upset from the Center of Memphis??? #1 for Central is the real deal.

Central by 5

CLASS 5A

Game 6: (5) East (8-2) at (4) Millington (6-4)

East seems to have a pretty good defense with some good athletes. Millington has an OK offense, I guess.

Memphis East by 10

Game 7: (6) Melrose (7-3) at (3) Hardin County (6-4)

I'm sure the good people of Hardin Co. have some nice talent but I doubt it is on the level of the young Squad from Orange Mound. #2 and #6 are a Dynamic duo for the Golden Wildcats.

Melrose by 18

Game 8: (7) Dyer County (6-4) vs. (2) Ridgeway (5-5)

Ridgeway's Record could fool you but as long as #7 Conard is on the Field for the Roadrunners I have to ride with those guys from East Memphis.

Ridgeway by 14

CLASS 4A

Game 9: (8) Haywood County (6-4) vs. (1) Trezevant (9-1)

Haywood Co. is known for their size and strength, which may give the Purple Bears some issues but SPEED KILLS and Teli White seems to know how to coach some Defense.

Trezevant by 12

Game 10: (5) Liberty Magnet (6-4) vs. (4) Craigmont (7-3)

Home team will take this one.

Craigmont by 8

Game 11: (6) Jackson Northside (8-2) at (3) Covington (8-2)

This will be an interesting match up over in West Tenn. Covington seems to always pick it up a notch during playoff time.

Covington by 7

CLASS 3A

Game 12: (8) Fairley (4-6) at (1) Lewis County (10-0)

Glad to see Fairley in the Playoffs... But they about to be like a big time Coach Cal recruit... ONE and DONE.

Lewis Co. by 20

Game 13: (5) Manassas (6-4) at (4) Camden (6-4)

North Memphis to Camden Is not a short bus ride but that should only help in keeping the game close.

Manassas by 6

CLASS 2A

Game 14: (5) Hillcrest (6-4) at (4) Peabody (8-2)

Glad to see the other Whitehaven community school in the Playoffs.

Peabody by 14

Game 15: (6) Halls (6-4) vs. (3) Mitchell (7-3)

A Long Bus trip plus playing against greater TEAM SPEED than usual equals...

Mitchell by 12

DIVISION 2-AA

Game 16: (4 West) St. Benedict (1-9) at (3 West) CBHS (5-5)

CBHS by 21

DIVISION 2-A (The Senator Hates picking these games lol)

Game 17: (3 East/Middle, District 1) Donelson Christian (8-2) at (2 West, District 1) FACS (9-1)

FACS by 3

Game 18: (3 West, District 1) Harding (4-6) at (2 East/Middle, District 1) Friendship Christian (8-2)

Friendship Christian by 17

Game 19: (3 West, District 2) Tipton-Rosemark Aca. (4-6) at (2 East/Middle, District 2) Franklin Road Aca. (5-5)

Tipton-Rosemark by 2

You Guess, go ahead take your shots at us. I guess East beat you. We will see tonight I t

hink East and Millington may be he best game tonight.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Goes to pick up the soapbox after ducking it to allow it to hit the chalkboard)

I hear and feel you BHS. Thanks for the history lesson with my man Dr. Hunter. I'm in agreement that we don't want to go back to those days of under acheiving. That being said ... the best ways to get behind our guys is to build them up and not tear them down ... that's all I'm saying. I'm not advocating covering things up, blowing smoke up anything or lying or flattery. What I'm advocating is to be a positive reinforcement and to accentaute the positive. Negativity is infectious and it is the easiest thing to do. Positivity also has the ability to be infectious but it takes a concerted effort. I'm vowing to make the concerted effort and not take the easy route. I'm needed in that regard, so I'm going to do my part.

(Gets off the soapbox and puts it away)

Great Post KWC ! I agree 100%

CLASS 6A

Game 1: (6) Hendersonville

Game 2: (1) Whitehaven (8-2)

Game 3:(4) White Station (6-4)

Game 4: (3) Southwind (7-3)

Game 5: (2) Brighton (8-2)

CLASS 5A

Game 6: (5) East (8-2)

Game 7: (6) Melrose (7-3)

Game 8: (2) Ridgeway (5-5)