Forrest VS Riverside

Redrage1990

The fact that Riverside never stopped Forrest the entire game and got annihilated in offensive production, might have had something to do with them winning. Not just a failed fourth down attempt, but hey, what do I know.

Never stopped Forrest?!! Ummm, what about the last series of the game when Riverside had a chance  at the end after forcing a punt. I would also say holding Forrest to 3 field goals which should have been 21 points could count as stopping also.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of how Riverside's season ended, I want to thank the players for being such nice young men and positive role models inside the school. Some of the linemen have played hard, played injured all year, and they have done a good job in giving RHS a fighting chance, even just to get to Forrest. RHS is a better school  because of the hard work of the football team, both on and off the field. This is probably true of the players at a lot of schools too. 

I also want to mention the parents at Forrest. They were very hospitable to our kids. The Forrest Band had a chili supper and fed our band kids along with theirs. The concession people and gatekeepers were all very helpful to our fans. It has been many years since I was at Forrest, and someone up there is doing a great job, in the school, and in the community. 

. Forrest and. Riverside played a hard game last night. Adamsville will dominate with their strength and running.game next week. I didnt agree with some of our play calling late in the game last night but that's the way it goes. Congrats Forrest on a good game but I think next week will be handled by Adamsville. Go Cards!

Edited by dcriverrat

Dude take off the blue colored glasses. You didnt annihilate anyone. You never covered 45 and why they didnt go to him more is a question. And yes riverside did stop you sevrral times. Like first drive of game is just one example.

Forrest punted twice I think, out gained Riverside in yardage (by quite a bit I think), & if drives hadn't stalled in Redzone then this game wouldn't have been that close. Forrest didn't play well and still WON!!! Glasses are off, face the fact that the better team won and move on. Always love when the excuses come out. Have fun playing basketball next week.

but riverside should have beaten you Friday night.  And anyone watching the game knows you got lucky and was allowed to get back in the game momentum wise with that 4th down call they made.  You fought to the end and it was a good game.  Fans were very friendly and welcoming to us in the stands.  Good luck and safe travels next week.