Nashville Overton?

The last time I looked Oakland IS unbeaten with wins over Memphis White Station (ranked & in the playoffs), Siegel (ranked & in the playoffs), Memphis Arlington (made the playoffs), Smyrna (made the playoffs), Chattanooga Baylor (ranked & in the playoffs),  Blackman (ranked & in the playoffs)...  Let everybody know when metro schools play a schedule loaded like that AND go 10-0. 

Bragging about a win over Centennial? Really?  They went .500 and didn't make the playoffs. 

Centennial lost to five playoff teams, including Ravenwood by 3.  A win over them does mean something.

NR. Take a deep breath there fella. You're hyperventilating. No one has disparaged Oakland. Excellent team. The point is Overton had quality wins this season.

You 7 AAAers actually believe your own press. This talk that you are the SEC of the TSSAA is really hilarious. Last time I checked, the SEC dominates championships....7AAA, um, welllll.

With the added obstacles Metro coaches face, it is tough and Coach Anderson and his staff and other Metro staffs are to be commended for making to the playoffs.

Guess what? Oakland and Overton may have a chance to play for it all (assuming Oakland hasnt peaked) JOKIN!! Lol.

I dont mind posters beating their chests but beatin down other teams, welllllll, makes you look like a kid sneakin on the board and who knows, maybe you are.

What kind of BS logic is "centennial losing to 5 ranked teams makes them good but Oakland BEATING 5 ranked teams is meaningless"

? ?

All that was said is if Terry Anderson and staff coached at Ensworth or Oakland they would be undefeated and said that those coaching staffs would not be undefeated if they were at Overton. I will have to agree that they both play a tougher schedule. Complimenting the Overton staff was the main emphasis.  That was a good Hillwood team,by the way. Biggest obstacle was overcoming the missing "Link". 

Edited by runtheball

Centennial lost to five playoff teams, including Ravenwood by 3.  A win over them does mean something.

I would be cautious in stating one teams success based how they played another. That same Ravenwood team squeaked out a 3 point win over a 3-7 Lavergne team that is historically bad. So based on that info does that mean Ravenwood is a subpar team or does it mean Lavergne played out of there mind and centennial is really bad?

As far as Overton all you can say is that they have beaten everyone that was in front of them. That is something you can't take away from them. No matter who they have scheduled. Does this mean that they will win it all? I think they have a chance to make to the semi-finals but I believe that may be as far as they go.

What kind of BS logic is "centennial losing to 5 ranked teams makes them good but Oakland BEATING 5 ranked teams is meaningless"

? ?

I didn't make any comments about Oakland so not sure why the comparison.  Also, Centennial had a running back that gained 1,500 yards and a WR that has offers from Louisville, Vandy, Ole Miss and probably some others so again, a win over them should carry some weight.  .

Edited by BT Mafia

I didn't make any comments about Oakland so not sure why the comparison. Also, Centennial had a running back that gained 1,500 yards and a WR that has offers from Louisville, Vandy, Ole Miss and probably some others so again, a win over them should carry some weight. .

Couple of things a 1500 yd rusher and WR with offers does not mean anything or carry any weight at all - see Indy and it's 3 SEC kids ......

Plain and simple CHS was not a very good team - I don't like the excuse of " we played 5 playoff teams"

Thing this team rolled over at Indy and with a chance to reach the playoffs were slapped by the Rebs......

Overton has a talent laden zone where many if not most of the best players attend private schools. Half of their student population are immigrants and don't even know what football is. However, Terry Anderson and his staff have maintained a classy, consistent team which is always competitive. Anyone that knocks the Overton program is either ill-informed or just not telling the truth. There are 13 schools that play football in the public school system in Davidson County. None are named metro. Each school has unique challenges that most coaches could not handle. Not many coaches could match the success that Overton has achieved with the given obstacles. Overton plays 6A football with essentially 3A population of possible players, and they don't have special transfers from other zones. Terry takes what is given to him, coaches them the right way, and remains solid always and very successful this year.

Private schools can be selective with their student body and recruit talent. Counties around Davidson have yet to experience the impact of a large student population that does not speak English and how this impacts test scores, which impacts the focus of administrators.

Terry Anderson and his staff would be undefeated at Oakland and at Ensworth. Those staffs would not be undefeated at Overton.

Give this man and his team credit where the credit is due.

Great post and spot on. Good luck to John Overton HS!

Couple of things a 1500 yd rusher and WR with offers does not mean anything or carry any weight at all - see Indy and it's 3 SEC kids ......

Plain and simple CHS was not a very good team - I don't like the excuse of " we played 5 playoff teams"

Thing this team rolled over at Indy and with a chance to reach the playoffs were slapped by the Rebs......

I agree they weren't a stellar team.  Weak QB play and a leaky D were the two main problems.  I was simply trying give props to Overton by pointing out Centennial only lost to quality teams and had some players that could cause headaches.