UNION CITY GOLDEN TORNADOS

JDOGG80

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie Hyde is a 5'7 senior point guard, Donte Simpson is a 5'10 junior combo guard,Marcus Deberry is a 6'4 junior wing,Malik Stockdale is a 5'11 junior forward that plays in and out, they all started last year,Will Sisco is a 6'2 Sophomore center,and the bench will have Kheric Brooks a 5'9 senior,Javonte Moffatt a 5'10 junior, Quintrel Polk a 5'9 freshman, and Jeremy Bumpus a 6'2 freshman. Deberry, Stockdale,and Simpson all averaged double figures a year ago.We beat Humboldt 2 out of 3 times last year and Lake Co 2 out of 3 times by 20 plus points, but they beat us when it counted in the regional semifinals. Our junior class went 20-0 their 8th grade year to win the West Tennessee Sectionals, beating Lester and Fayette East to win the Championship.UC will be a tough out. Like I said before, its going to be hard to beat UC and Humboldt at their place for Substate and going to be hard to beat Mitchell at their place.On a neutral court,I like our coaching staff against Mitchell.

Hey Chipper, we WILL NOT challenge you Sat night but I assure you if we meet in sectional with all of our players we WILL challenge you. We have one Senior of our first Ten. We are ten deep. Junior class was State runner up in 8th grade and soph class was State Champions. It will be a battle in March!! I will be there Saturday. Let's meet up!

We heard this same thing when BTW dropped to 1A two years ago. I believe a District 14 team put them out that year.

I was not a big fan of that team this Mitchell team is much better than that B.T.W trust me their are deeper and their point guard play will be better plus they will be battle tested that B.T.W did not really play anyone

and you noticed I said that we will see cause I know their are some tough teams in 1-A with Humbodlt,T.C.A,And Union City

Dresden will get put out the first round of the regionals by District 14 A 4 seed.

I agree.Humboldt.Union City,South fulton and Lake Co will be tough to beat.Lake Co will hopefully get 2 players back from football in flowers and Wilkes.Not sure Flowers is going to play though.Probably depends on the day of the week.Zay said Flowers told him last week he was going to play.A couple days ago,heard he said he wasnt.If two more players get their grade in order and are on the team after Christmas,could be a pretty good team with Coleman and Taylor returning starters.Plus the sophomore,Estes looked a lot better from last year against dyer Co a few nights ago.But I agree.Think any of these teams will beat the top team in the other district,South fulton looked good against Westview without their starting guard and probably best player sitting out.Not sure about trenton,Halls,Bradford but looks to be a tough district.

Pump your breaks Megatron, Mitchell maybe better coached but that BTW team is much better than Mitchell. That

Newby-Khalill

Khalill-Martin

Griffin-Echols

Phillips-Moore

Cardboard-Garret

this Mitchell team is better than that team was their deeper and Griffin is not better Naba