William Blount offseason thread

Governm

• 2 weeks later...

Where are all the William Blount faithful? Have you all jumped ship? Lmao

Not much to discuss....off season workouts started about three weeks ago, look as if most are working pretty hard.  A lot of small college recruiters on campus the last couple of weeks (C-N, Suwanee, Tusculum, and others), looking at 5 or 6 players.  Had their banquet last Thursday night with Inky Johnson as the speaker (if you have never heard him speak, do so if you get the chance, remarkable young man).  I don't think there is going to be any changes in the staff, so I guess we hope the offensive coaches can learn a lot in a hurry.  I still believe they have some good young talent on that team, and I am anxious for spring practice to see how they line these guys up.  IMO, the talent was not utilized very well last year, too much emphasis put on kids being older, it took a junior getting hurt for about his fifth time of the year, before they put Chase Nuchols in the line up, and guess what....they figured out that Chase was better, even though he was a sophomore.

What is scary though, is the fact that they have no talent coming in as incoming Freshmen, and that will not hurt this year, but it will show up the year after and the year after.  The middle schools were horrible this year, and it looks like that will be the case again next year.....there are some good kids coming to the middle schools in the 2015 year, but it is a killer to go two years with practically no talent coming in from the middle schools.  I will say this, because I believe it to be true....if they don't make strides to fix the middle school problem, they might as well just shut the football program at WB down, and not offer football, because it will not get better.

JMO - WB always seems to have some talented players. I agree with you jake, the next two years are big for the football program. Hopefully they will get some real momentum. If the football team was canceled, how many other sports might be affected? Is football the cash cow at LA?

Yes, I would assume that football makes, by far, more money than any other sport.  Those tennis courts would make a good ice rink for Hockey....maybe we could start a hockey program and rule the roost in that sport.....then charge people to ice skate when the Hockey team wasn't using the rink, it would pay for itself.....and I could be the official Zamboni (sp?) driver.