William Blount offseason thread

Governm

Jake,

Did you go to the scrimmage or see the film? What did you think about it?

I was at a scrimmage, but not this one.....but, I did see the tape.  I watched the whole tape, but I went through it pretty quick without replaying and breaking down plays.  Defense looked better, we need to continue to improve, but it looked better.  Offense did not look as sharp, but it really wasn't a game type scrimmage, more like a practice.  I thought top to bottom, the players from Seymour looked better than Soddy Daisy.  I would have liked to seen this one played in a game format, I think WB would have beat them by 2 to 3 td's.  We just need to keep improving every day.

I was at a scrimmage, but not this one.....but, I did see the tape. I watched the whole tape, but I went through it pretty quick without replaying and breaking down plays. Defense looked better, we need to continue to improve, but it looked better. Offense did not look as sharp, but it really wasn't a game type scrimmage, more like a practice. I thought top to bottom, the players from Seymour looked better than Soddy Daisy. I would have liked to seen this one played in a game format, I think WB would have beat them by 2 to 3 td's. We just need to keep improving every day.

thats good to hear i hope they keep improving whats your take on loudon game

thats good to hear i hope they keep improving whats your take on loudon game

I have not seen Loudon, but I do know someone that is friends with 2 of their coaches and from what I hear, they are very much improved from last year.  They were young last year, had several sophs that started, so those players will obviously be much better, and then I heard they have had a couple of transfers that moved in, one of which is supposed to be a stud. With that said, I think WB finds a way to win, but I am not expecting another 40 point blowout, I think this game will be much tighter.....like 10 to 14 points.

I have not seen Loudon, but I do know someone that is friends with 2 of their coaches and from what I hear, they are very much improved from last year. They were young last year, had several sophs that started, so those players will obviously be much better, and then I heard they have had a couple of transfers that moved in, one of which is supposed to be a stud. With that said, I think WB finds a way to win, but I am not expecting another 40 point blowout, I think this game will be much tighter.....like 10 to 14 points.

i agree i see a pretty good ballgame loudon has some pretty good athletes

I just saw where Jesse Smithey picked the 5 toughest schedules in the prepxtra area and WB didn't crack the list. IMO they should definitely be somewhere in there or atleast get an honorable mention. In the 2nd half of the year they have to go to Knox West and than host Maryville the following week before finishing off the season against Farragut and Bearden. I don't see how it gets much tougher than that. IMO they should atleast be in the discussion because of the back to back games with west and maryville. But then you throw in farragut the following week and things get even harder.

Edited by Governors91