William Blount offseason thread

Governm

Well can you atleast tell us if the guy they picked is good?

I heard today that they will announce their decision of new AD within two weeks....I am not going to discuss names on here, but it seems like its not a big secret who it is going to be.  Ask some of your WB buddies, they can probably tell you who it is going to be.  As far as telling you if he will be a good AD, I don't know that answer.....as far as I know, he has never been an AD.  I think he will get along well and provide all the support he can to the coaches at WB, the problem is that no matter who the AD is, at this level (especially in the county) you take this job knowing that in a lot of ways you are handcuffed from the beginning.  Personally, it is a job that I would not have......I don't know if it was expected of him or if he did it because he wanted to, but Mike Brewer was at every sports function, can you imagine the amount of personal time that takes away.

I heard today that they will announce their decision of new AD within two weeks....I am not going to discuss names on here, but it seems like its not a big secret who it is going to be. Ask some of your WB buddies, they can probably tell you who it is going to be. As far as telling you if he will be a good AD, I don't know that answer.....as far as I know, he has never been an AD. I think he will get along well and provide all the support he can to the coaches at WB, the problem is that no matter who the AD is, at this level (especially in the county) you take this job knowing that in a lot of ways you are handcuffed from the beginning. Personally, it is a job that I would not have......I don't know if it was expected of him or if he did it because he wanted to, but Mike Brewer was at every sports function, can you imagine the amount of personal time that takes away.

I wont find out until its officially announced then. Because my buddies don't know anymore then I do.

I wont find out until its officially announced then. Because my buddies don't know anymore then I do.

Well, you will hear soon....whether on the street or through the announcement.  It will be a name that you should recognize, he has been in administration, but as I said in previous post, as far as I know he has never been an AD.

Well, you will hear soon....whether on the street or through the announcement. It will be a name that you should recognize, he has been in administration, but as I said in previous post, as far as I know he has never been an AD.[/quote{

I bet its Cupp! I hope so... Because he is passionate about WB football

Jake,

What all is the football team doing this summer? Do they have 7 on 7s and scrimmages scheduled yet.

I haven't seen a schedule that went that far out.....not saying that there is not one, but if there is, I have not seen it.  Right now they are just doing normal workouts.

Are they working hard? Or slacking off? Is little jimmy gonna be a star?

I haven't been there, but I have heard they have had pretty good workouts....If you are referring to my little jimmy being a star, he might get on the field by the time he is a senior, as a special teams player if he continues to work hard....he takes after his momma.

I haven't been there, but I have heard they have had pretty good workouts....If you are referring to my little jimmy being a star, he might get on the field by the time he is a senior, as a special teams player if he continues to work hard....he takes after his momma.

haha wasn't talking about anyone in particular. Just teasing you because you used to always say all the parents of players expect the coach to make little jimmy a star. Lol