William Blount offseason thread

Governm

Gov one time here while back I told you William Blount reminds me of the old Everett Bulldogs. They were never great and lost more than they won but ever now and then they would have a strong class of boys that came through and they would have a great season. That JV team might be that team. Had you been there that day and saw them you wouldn't feel half as bad as you do over the situation. When that boy came around the end and ran 70 yards for a TD that looked good. When they completed a long bomb for a TD that looked good also. Might take a year but the younger players do look good.

Its not a matter of not having the talent... We have had talent every single year since Meadows left, especially on the '11 and '13 teams.. Coaching and a lack of discipline has been our problem or as you said it earlier, organizational problems. I agree we have good talent in those younger classes, I have watched them with my own eyes. But I know it wont be any different with them unless we start addressing the real problems. Edited by Governors91

Give the man some time guys. Those young players looked good against Catholic. As for Maryville don't forget fifteen years ago GQ lost his first four ball games in 2000 and people were yelling for heads. Don't want to mention any of them though.

I am definitely not calling for heads.....I really like Ridge, and have pretty much told everyone that from day one, and in a lot ways after seeing some of the things he has done, I like him even more know than when he started.  We are all grown people and have different opinions of how things should be done, my opinion just happens to be that I don't think it can be turned around at WB without stiff discipline, that is just my opinion and doesn't mean anything.....especially being that I am not the coach.  There is no one that I would rather see turn the thing around more than Ridge, and if he can do it without discipline, I will be the first in line to pat him on the back.  He knows I support him, and he also knows that our opinions don't match on some things, but that doesn't mean I don't support him. 

As for Maryville don't forget fifteen years ago GQ lost his first four ball games in 2000 and people were yelling for heads.

Whats that? Did someone call my name? LOL

There was a whole section of murvil fans out at hairtage that night wondering if this guy could cut it. I guess that question has been answered very emphatically.

Yes you did O n B.....He is a great guy that works extremely hard and does a lot of things for the kids on his own time, so he has a lot going for him....I am very excited about most everything he is doing, but the lack of discipline is just about more than I can stomach. Who did the disciplining at GB.....or were you guys undisciplined? If Coach Ridge figures out the disciplining part, I believe he could be a really good coach.....and he has some young assistants that I think could be very good.[/quote jake GB is a small commu ity that cherishes football,on Fri nights its a totally different place.We do have a great tradition that coach Satterfield started 29 yrs ago,alot of these kids are sons and grandsons or nephews of former players.This yr alone we had 6 kids whos fathers had played here its not just discipline its respect for the program.Coach McCarter and Hicks did most of the discipline when needed under Ridges rein.Its very hard to compare the two s hools.As i have said i hope he does well at WB,but there is a reason o one from GB was upset when be left.I backed him up when he was here because he was our coach but i was very happy with Coach Hicks he brought back tbe toughness we used to have,i understand the injury question but it is a physical sport.Good luck to the Govs.
Edited by orngnblk

What's the grapevine saying about the new AD in LA? The old AD didn't seem to have the ability to make all the right moves. Will the administration make the commitment necessary for the football team? The right hire could be a big step in helping the gridiron gang.

I really like Brewer as a person , he is a good guy. But. WB football has kind of gone down the crapper on his watch. I really hope they get somebody who knows what they are doing and is commited to football because they sure need that over there. My only concern is how would an AD improve our football program without firing the current headcoach? Because I just don't see how hiring quality assistants would help. The football team would still be under Ridge's "play nice" philosophy and lack of discipline.