Greenback at Coalfield 2

KickinWing11

Well, the 57th chapter of Greenback Cherokees Football (now 323-288-10 overall) has come to a close.  What will the 58th chapter entail?  This group of seniors like the many before you have etched your names into program history, even a few of them joining a father, sibling and/or relative into this special fraternity of past Cherokees...And that's what small town football is all about.   Seniors this isn't the end it's just the beginning, as you go forward keep GOD first in all your future endeavors.

+1

Well, the 57th chapter of Greenback Cherokees Football (now 323-288-10 overall) has come to a close.  What will the 58th chapter entail?  This group of seniors like the many before you have etched your names into program history, even a few of them joining a father, sibling and/or relative into this special fraternity of past Cherokees...And that's what small town football is all about.   Seniors this isn't the end it's just the beginning, as you go forward keep GOD first in all your future endeavors.

Thanks Cherokean great post.Just for your info on fathers and sons,my sons and I have participated in 129 of those game.Now that's small town tradition!Nothing like Greenback football(at least for this man).Thanks to all those Srs and coaches.Good luck to the future 'Kees you have big shoes to fill.
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Cherokean great post.Just for your info on fathers and sons,my sons and I have participated in 129 of those game.Now that's small town tradition!Nothing like Greenback football(at least for this man).Thanks to all those Srs and coaches.Good luck to the future 'Kees you have big shoes to fill.

Good group of young men. OnB...I was at grace and oneida. Give us a recap of what happened. I really thought you guys would win by two scores. Can coalfield beat midway?

Cherokean well said....Great post!!!

Would love to have a rematch with that freshman quarterback. I don't think I'm alone on this one! But anyway the future looks very bright for Greenback, considering the coaches put the kids where they should be!!

Go Kees!

The future is always bright at Greenback. You all have a great community, great fans and support and always have a top notch roster and coaching staff. GB will be perfectly fine

Good group of young men. OnB...I was at grace and oneida. Give us a recap of what happened. I really thought you guys would win by two scores. Can coalfield beat midway?

Well TTU I will make it short.Line play on both sides was great,two good teams slugging it out.Cfields ground and pound against GBs balanced attack.Both ran the ball well,GB had a huge fourth and one stop that gave them a little of a momentum changer at one point in the game.Coalfield got to the edge and we couldn't contain,GB threw it well in the first half and ran consistant. Enough to move chains.Second half the team with the least mistakes won.GB has been plagued all yr with penalties that take them out of scoring position and this game was no different.Could GB have won yes they very well could have.This late in the yr you cannot turn the ball over four or five times a game and expect to win.Cfield fumbled twice o opening drive in backfield and recovered,fumbled once thru the endzone for a touchback.I think we had four ints one was a pick six that pretty much sealed the game.This was a closely matched game between to solid teams that laid the lumber all night.Good luck to allo. Edited by orngnblk

Well TTU I will make it short.Line play on both sides was great,two good teams slugging it out.Cfields ground and pound against GBs balanced attack.Both ran the ball well,GB had a huge fourth and one stop that gave them a little of a momentum changer at one point in the game.Coalfield got to the edge and we couldn't contain,GB threw it well in the first half and ran consistant. Enough to move chains.Second half the team with the least mistakes won.GB has been plagued all yr with penalties that take them out of scoring position and this game was no different.Could GB have won yes they very well could have.This late in the yr you cannot turn the ball over four or five times a game and expect to win.Cfield fumbled twice o opening drive in backfield and recovered,fumbled once thru the endzone for a touchback.I think we had four ints one was a pick six that pretty much sealed the game.This was a closely matched game between to solid teams that laid the lumber all night.Good luck to allo.

If we are lucky to win Friday and if Coalfield takes care of business, you should come watch us play them.