Round 2: Oneida @ GCA

crow

Sorry I had to let you know the facts. The cost of the turf field entire project was just over 400,000.00. Mostly because the coaches, school staff, and parents were there working on the field night and day and weekends doing all the prep work before the rug got there. The money was raised for the turf by good old fashion pavement pounding selling advertising to company's that would support other schools as well, but most of those schools want to complain about what they don't have when they could get busy and work to improve their own program. There are 4 schools within 5 miles of GCA all of which have just as good if not better facilities. Catholic, Webb, CAK, Hardin Valley. Get off the arm chair and go to work for your program. 3 of the 4 are winning programs as well.

I'm gonna reply to that the way you all reply to me. Stop making absurd remarks about what I may or may not do for my program...and assuming that anyone could easily raise that much money when you know absolutely nothing about how our community works.

If you knew how much manpower and personal money comes out of coaches pockets to simply maintain what little we have you would probably feel bad and send us a donation.

As far as the get of the chair comment goes let me tell ya ...there is a constant fundraiser going on over here....selling donuts and candy, carwashes, golf tournys, selling banners and advertisement boards, discount cards , snocones .... it never ends. The difference is the people we are trying to get money from dont have much. I dont KNOW facts so dont trash me for blurting out what I dont KNOW , but....private school parents have extra $$$ to donate more often than small rural public school parents. You have 500 times more business in the knoxvilles area to try to get donations and sell advertising banners from. 500 times the people to sell things too like donuts discount cards etc... so to assume that we dont have as nice of things as you and your surrounding schools do because were lazy is simply a rude , and uneducated assumption to say the least.

Go Indians!! good luck tonight. Question for Indian fans.... Does your MS play in the TMSAA? and How much authority or say so does your HS Coaches have with them. I feel like thats were a good HS  program starts. We are doin some good things with our MS program here.... future looks bright. I know I have heard lots of good things about yours and GCA's MS program over the years.

I'm gonna reply to that the way you all reply to me. Stop making absurd remarks about what I may or may not do for my program...and assuming that anyone could easily raise that much money when you know absolutely nothing about how our community works.

If you knew how much manpower and personal money comes out of coaches pockets to simply maintain what little we have you would probably feel bad and send us a donation.

As far as the get of the chair comment goes let me tell ya ...there is a constant fundraiser going on over here....selling donuts and candy, carwashes, golf tournys, selling banners and advertisement boards, discount cards , snocones .... it never ends. The difference is the people we are trying to get money from dont have much. I dont KNOW facts so dont trash me for blurting out what I dont KNOW , but....private school parents have extra $$$ to donate more often than small rural public school parents. You have 500 times more business in the knoxvilles area to try to get donations and sell advertising banners from. 500 times the people to sell things too like donuts discount cards etc... so to assume that we dont have as nice of things as you and your surrounding schools do because were lazy is simply a rude , and uneducated assumption to say the least.

Go Indians!! good luck tonight. Question for Indian fans.... Does your MS play in the TMSAA? and How much authority or say so does your HS Coaches have with them. I feel like thats were a good HS program starts. We are doin some good things with our MS program here.... future looks bright. I know I have heard lots of good things about yours and GCA's MS program over the years.

Yes they do play in the TMSAA. They are in the "small school" class on enrollment but elect to play in the "large school" classification due to difficulty filling a schedule in the smaller classification. I know they don't have a true state championship, I believe their "championship" is actually a regional one, that's as far as the TMSAA takes it in whatever classification they play. They have won 6 in a row I believe but kaz or cleatless could prolly say with more certainty. Coach Sexton (junior high coach) has always worked well with the high school program. They also have their locker rooms in the opposite end of the same field house, share coaching offices, & share weight room area with the high school along with using the same game field. It is a very good relationship. Edited by crow

Having been on the tailend of more that a few doughnut/golf tournament/gift card sale/yard sale/ad board/snocone/bake sale/car wash......I can say with all honesty that every one was the last one I would ever do....!  I'm still going strong after 23 years and I don't think I've produced enough to cover "The Rug".  There isn't an industry here that could assist us with the modernizing or upgrading of our field.....we just do our darnest to keep what we got and be proud of it.  Now if they would just get Disney Construction to relocate to Oneida....! :roflol:

Kazatozoro :thumb:

Question for the GCA crowd. What is a good radio station to listen to post game stuff? I'll be at the game so not looking for a station to listen to the actual game but I do like to listen to post game. I normally listen to 101.3 WECO but I know I'll have about a 20 - 30 minute drive before I'll pick them up after I leave tonight so was looking to fill the gap. Thanks.

Having been on the tailend of more that a few doughnut/golf tournament/gift card sale/yard sale/ad board/snocone/bake sale/car wash......I can say with all honesty that every one was the last one I would ever do....!  I'm still going strong after 23 years and I don't think I've produced enough to cover "The Rug".  There isn't an industry here that could assist us with the modernizing or upgrading of our field.....we just do our darnest to keep what we got and be proud of it.  Now if they would just get Disney Construction to relocate to Oneida....! :roflol:

Kazatozoro :thumb:

I know the feeling Ive pawned off all the above plus band fruit! kids got out of school now I'm on the buying end of it every time a kid or their parents come around with a purchase form I can't say no remembering all the stuff I sold over the years :rolleyes:

Yes they do play in the TMSAA. They are in the "small school" class on enrollment but elect to play in the "large school" classification due to difficulty filling a schedule in the smaller classification. I know they don't have a true state championship, I believe their "championship" is actually a regional one, that's as far as the TMSAA takes it in whatever classification they play. They have won 6 in a row I believe but kaz or cleatless could prolly say with more certainty. Coach Sexton (junior high coach) has always worked well with the high school program. They also have their locker rooms in the opposite end of the same field house, share coaching offices, & share weight room area with the high school along with using the same game field. It is a very good relationship.

Thanks for the info crow!! sounds similar to our situation only were not in TMSAA. Joining has been discussed just dont know if we could afford the travel or not. right now there arent very many MS around us thats in it.

AM990 has a good wrap up show after they complete their game.

We will broadcast our post game show on 92.3FM or AM760, signal isn't very strong. We get most of our hits on smartphones and tablets at www.gcafootball.org We also broadcast it over the PA system at the stadium after the game.

Thanks, maybe the signal will hold out until I get back near WECOville.