Wayne Co vs Columbia Acad

wildcat89

We will get the results tomorrow night for sure! It don't really matter what we all say the kids will decide this game on the field! I like our kids in this one and i'm sure CA fans like there kids, so lets all support these kids and schools proudly! "GO CATS"

I agree 100%.. Safe travels to you all and good luck!!

I had the pleasure of watching a very good  CA-WC regular season game Oct. 11th. I thought CA's QB (Cary) was pretty sharp. He threw the ball well and had good pocket-presence and some elusiveness. The receivers were very impressive as well. Thompson (#1) proved that he can go up and get the ball and has great hands. CA ran the ball just enough to be effective. They showed great speed getting to the outside. The Garrison kid (#8) in particular hurt WC getting to the edge and upfield so quickly. It was easy to see that CA has plenty of speed and athleticism at the skill positions.

WC looked a little stonger and more physical up front on both sides of the ball. They love to pound the ball and make you stop their strong run game. When you overcommit to stopping the RB's the QB will keep it and hurt you for a big gain. He can also throw the ball down field and hurt you with his arm. The Kelly kid has consistently had good hands and has emerged as nice downfield threat at WR. I look for WC to try to pound the ball, eat up the clock, and limit CA's possessions.

Old conventional football wisdom says that the team that runs the ball, plays better defense, and has fewer turnovers wins (especially come playoff time). If WC takes care of the ball and limits CA's big plays, they should get the win. If CA can get a couple turnovers and hit 4 or more big plays (25+ yd chunks of yds) they should be in good shape to get the W tonight.

Either way, I look forward to a another good game at a great single A football facility. Good luck to both teams.