Wayne Co vs Columbia Acad

wildcat89

Yep, it's against the rules in baseball to have a player not originally on the roster come in during playoffs. If private school ppl wanna know why we want them in there own division it's because of this right here.

I don't think they can play though, unless the parents moved or it's been a year since they transferred from the other school?

You are correct on the 365-day thing.  My son dealt with it last year on the soccer team.  He could not play for NCS until 366 days from playing his last game at the previous school.  NCS did not make the soccer playoffs, so he missed an entire season.  But he could have played in their first playoff game had they made it - TSSAA rule.

These boys are becoming eligible because their 365 days are up - don't know if the CA thing is true though.  JB had to contend with a newly eligible RB in last week's game against the other CA.  He had 170 yards on 20-something carries and almost changed the outcome of the game.

Edited by NCSdad1962

I was wondering that myself because that sounds exactly what happened with Clarksville Acd. This person may have the wrong CA.

I reread the articles about the Clarksville Academy RB, and he exactly matches the description.  It would be a real coincidence for both CA's to have the same type of transfer, with the same description, in the same year.  I think he probably has the CA's confused. Linebacker might be true though. 

If true, I think its a pretty terrible risk to start two brand new players in key positions after going 9-1.  It will tear the team chemistry to shreds, and it'll be like playing in August. I'm not sure that something like this ever works out.

We needed to be prepared for a tougher game anyway. I think we'll have to play better than we did in the first meeting to win regardless of the transfers. Also, if this rumor is true WC is definitely the underdog - our favorite role.

We needed to be prepared for a tougher game anyway. I think we'll have to play better than we did in the first meeting to win regardless of the transfers. Also, if this rumor is true WC is definitely the underdog - our favorite role.

I agree...

The blown coverages against C'ville last week will be TDs for CA. WC has the toughness to win against any team....it's the silly mistakes we make sometimes, I.e....turnovers, defenders in the wrong spot. I'll say this though, as long as the D-line plays like they have we'll be ok.

Gotta go with CA in this one. Two transfer studs just became eligible for CA and they'll make a huge difference. One is a 1,000+ rusher from a 5A school and the other is a D2 projected linebacker from a 6A school who should stuff WC's ground game.

Wildcat89 dust off the WC gym floor and check the air pressure in the basketballs as they'll be needed Saturday morning.

I would say this is nothing but a troll. Especially with that avatar.

Let me just say CA is a different team than ever befor. Stronger Smarter Faster and Better. They lost to WC by only 8 yards and they were still of their game. WC is nothing compared to the Bulldogs. They will win and win big. The train is comeing hop on or get out of the way here comes THE COLUMBIA ACADEMY BULLDOGS.

Dumbest post ever. Are you talking about the same CA team that nearly lost to a 2 and 8 collinwood team.